Fallen-CHESKA I

I didn’t know what to tell mum or dad. My “brother” is gone and I have no proper explanation. I sighed and waited. I didn’t know what I was waiting for. Maybe I still had hope that this hasn’t happened at all. Maybe I’m waiting for Tristan and Gemma to come back and tell me that it was all just a prank. But after three hours of waiting, all that came was my parents.

   “Mum....” I began. My mum looked at me and waited for me to continue. “Tristan is gone.”

   She looked stunned. She asked dad to look around and search for Tristan in the house. And he came back with a worried expression. “He’s not here.” he said to mum. Mum looked as if she was about to faint. I can’t help but cry. Dad started calling the police and my mum told me to stay in my room.

   I went upstairs and to my room. I locked myself in and sat on my bed. I cried and remembered that I would cry myself to sleep. Then I would wake up on my brother’s lap. He would be sleeping and I would smile. I would wait for him to wake up and when he does, he tells me it will all be okay. But now that wouldn’t happen anymore. Face it...Tristan is gone.

                                                                                 ***

   I woke up on my bed, and I ran out to see a note outside my door. It seems that my parents went to the police station. I sighed and threw it somewhere nearby before...Somewhere nearby before?!

   Anyway, I went down the stairs and as if on cue, the telephone rang. I ran to get it. “Hello?”

  “Cheska, it’s me--Angelica.” a familiar voice said.

   “Oh, sup.”

   “I heard that your brother is missing?” she asked. My eyes widened a little bit, but it went back to normal. “How’d you know?”

   “It’s on the news.”

   I ran to the TV and instantly turned it on. It was on Channel 8, where the news should be on right now. And there it was. I ran back to the phone and told Angelica that I’ll call her in a different time. “Sure.” she said. “Good luck finding Tristan.”

   I frowned and put it down.

   “NEWS FLASH! The Mr. and Mrs. Green has reported one of their children missing. Here is a photo of him.” the news lady said. I slowly walked up to the TV to find Tristan’s face occupying the whole screen. It was the picture that was taken a month ago... I took that picture.

   “Please dial this number if you have seen him. They are offering 10 000 euro.”

   If I was drinking, my drink would already be dripping on the TV. 10 000 EURO?! ARE THEY FLACKING SERIOUS?! Then I remembered the reason Tristan left. I remembered that he was not supposed to be seen. Oh no....they’re in big trouble. And it’s all my fault.

   What should I do? Call Tristan? NO! He’ll get mad at me...but--

   “It seems that another child is missing. Gemma Criles has been reported missing the same day Tristan Green has. Detective McBurrow says that they might have run off together. Here is a picture of Gemma and below is the number you have to dial when you see her.”

   “Oh God...” I muttered. I just hope that they’ll know about this soon.

                                                                              ***

   An hour later my parents came back home. I was in my room when they arrived. I thought that listening to some songs will help. So I played “If You Ever Come Back” by The Script. It exactly describes everything that’s going on. I let the song play while I looked out my window. It started to rain. “I wonder if it’s raining in Wales.” I thought. I stayed there for which seemed like ten hours, but in reality it’s just half an hour. “I’m still waiting Tristan...” I whispered.

   I turned the music off and took my guitar. I’m not rubbing it on your face but, I’m good at singing and playing the guitar. Maybe a little on art but Gemma’s better at that. I love making songs, mostly when something big has happened and you can make a song out of it. Okay maybe not originally, just getting tunes from other songs and sing them with my own lyrics.

   I started to strum the following chords to Stand Up, then began to sing what I felt like singing.  

   From the moment you left me, everything changed

   I knew I had to get you, whatever the blame

   I had to take you, where you’ll feel fine

   I would run off to somewhere, I would take all your pain

   I would wander all the streets, just to think that I’m sane

   I need to know you’re fine

   “Honey?” a sugary voice interrupted me. I looked up to see my mum, who’s eyes are red from all the crying. “Your dad and I need to talk to you.”

   I placed my guitar on the side of the bed and left the room with my mum. We down to the living room and sat on the couch. Dad was already there from the start. “So...what do you wanna talk about?” I asked, even if I knew that this was all about Tristan.

   “We know that you’re really upset about your brother running away and gone missing. But mum and dad are trying their best, okay?” my mum said. I nodded and turned to dad.

   “I’m proud that you took it properly like a mature teen would, Gemma.” he smiled. I smiled a bit back and waited for something to happen. Thankfully, the telephone rang. “I’ll get it.” I said, quickly walking away from them.

   I answered the phone. It was Janna. “Is it true? Gemma and Tristan are missing?” she asked so worriedly. I nodded, even though she wouldn’t see it. “Yeah...”

   “Oh...sad.” she said. “Hey, maybe they’re having an affair?”

   “Pfft. Yeah, right.” I giggled “Thanks for making me laugh, though.”

   “No problem! I’m always here to make you smile.”

   “Aww, thanks Janna! Anyway, I gotta go.”

   “Sure, bye!”

   “Bye!”

   I put the receiver down and lost my smile. I’m sorry Janna, your magic is just not working. I went back to my room and continued my song, then I made more and more songs...until I realised I couldn’t stand it any longer.