An Interesting Trip

Hazels P.O.V

Perhaps it's not necessary to describe the death of one of the Fallen angels. It was gruesome. That's all anyone really wants to know. I thought I would lose whatever I had in my stomach as I heard a wet swift. I also never really wanted to know what a Fallen Angels blood looked like. Nor did I did to know that the guy I had fallen for wasn't human, and he had deadly combact skills. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I had a fairy godmother as well.

"Plans have changed then. We were not ordered to fight you. Masters calling us for retreat." Madeline said, slightly robotic. In one easy flap of her giant gray wings, she was in the sky, where the rain had started to cease.

The other girl looked sadly upon where the other girls blood had spilled. "Ulyssa was a drag anyway. Father won't be that disappointed." And dark, dark red wings, as to the point where it almost seemed black, thrust after Madeline.

They were invisible after a while. And after a longer while,the rain had stopped. Dylan took my hand, hesitantly, as if any second I would fly away too. "Hazel, we got to go now. We can't risk them bringing backup. Opal will come to us later. But for now, we have to get moving."

For a splits second, I was so lost. I had forgotten that Ms. Angelo's name was actually Opal. Not Oprah. Which made me remember that Dylan's name wasn't Dylan, but Meeks. "Okay Meeks." I responded trying out his new name. And really, what else could I say? I don't know how to fight, and these inhuman people are out to get me for some 'Master.'

*************************************

After what seemed an eternity of silence in the woods, he spoke. "Why are you not asking any questions?"

I pursed my lips. I wasn't sure when it was appropriate to ask. "So I don't have Alexandria's Genesis?"

"What's an Alexandria's Genesis?" He asked me, utter confusion etched on his godly face.

"When you have violet eyes. No body hair besides the one on the face. Not being able to tan or burn. Well proportioned body, or so they say. Looking younger than actual age." My face burned as I said the next one. "No menstrual periods, but still be fertile. The perfect human being."

He looked surprised at me, with an incredulous look on his face. Realizing there was a tree behind him, he leaned against it. The easiness he always seemed to carry, stole my breath away. "Hazel Matthan, I'm terribly sorry you have been living a lie. You're an angel. You have angel traits."

Would that explain why I can do certain things? "Why don't I have wings like you, if we're in the same choir?" I recalled his massive wings.

He smiled, but with so much pain that I wanted to wrap my arms around him, and ask him what was wrong. "That's what I want to find out to. And mine, I know you we're thinking about them, I'll let you see them when we get to the clearing where I first met you on Earth."

Sidestepping around a black centipede, I looked at him curiously. Why does he make it sound like we've met before? He lifted a branch for me to duck under, which I did, and stared at him curiously. What else is he hiding inside that beautiful head of his? "Since you know so much about me, then who are my parents?"

"Let's see, you are the kings brother's daughter, which makes you kind of like royalty to be honest. But he um, has unfortunately passed away. But before he did though, he said you were destined to either save our world or kill us all. So yeah." He cleared his throat loudly.

Great, so much pressure on me. Thanks a lot dad. "OK, What was his name? And who is my mother?"

" Your dad's name was Aziz. And your adoptive mom is actually your real biological mother. Yes, Violet Mathann gave birth to literally the most powerful half being in existence as of now." He replied with a small smile.

I grimaced, but smiled. I knew more now, I suppose.As I looked around, I started noticing many familiar landmarks. How in the world had we gotten so far in the forest?

"The answer is shortcuts. When driving, you take a long turn, when in reality, that clearing is only about the hours in." He answered my thoughts.

Can you read my mind? I asked him silently?

Will it bother you? You're the only person who's been able to communicate with me this way. A silky voice popped in my head.

I jumped a little. I wasn't expecting that!
Oh god! Do you mean that you've been reading all of my thoughts!?

If you want to know whether or not I hear your private thoughts, that I can not. Only the thoughts that are plain enough and need answers to. Came his much needed reply.

Thank the lord! I would be dying of shame if he found out of my growing affections! Suddenly, a tall wall of bushes blocked our path. Looking at him, he gently waved me over to a small opening. I would have to shimmy myself there. "You mister are going to go first."

He tilted his head, which made my heart race. He looked so beautiful. "Why?"

I felt my cheeks burn. How do I tell him that I don't want him to look at my behind without calling him a pervert? "I would just feel more comfy if you just did."

"All right. As you wish." Then he dropped on his tummy, and shimmed under the opening. He looked like a snake! I wanted to burst out laughing, but I didn't want to offend him.

After a minute or so, it became my turn. As I entered, Meeks spoke.
"Now I'll tell you the story."