A Beginning of an Ending

Meeks P.O.V

After sitting and getting comfortable in our clearing, and awaiting Opal, I began with her story.

"Once upon a time the king's brother felt lonely. That's your dad. He was the king's second in command, and he was overseeing the guardian angels. One mortals soul, what seemed the purest of them all, wasn't destined to die just yet. The angel almost didn't arrive in time, and the mortal, was struggling her last breaths."

"So then came down the Cherubim, and saw what caused the mishap. A fallen angel going by Madizon, had acted upon them both. The guardian angel, sacrificed had his life to save his charge's."

"Sad was the Cherubim, for the mortal was dying. The last he could do to honor the dead angel was grant her life. And so he did. As she opened her eyes, a surge of energy passed through them. For him, had never felt love, and she, just had come to be mature, fell in love."

"A human and an angel, together? That seemed outrageous. But they didn't care, eventually she went to live at his home. A couple weeks later though, the king had foreseen a vision concerning the child of then both. He didn't see the whole vision though. He had just witnessed a war and the child being birthed. Your father on the other hand, saw that Satan and his army had decided to rebel, and you would save us."

"The king demanded that they split up. They refused. Then they made a promise to not have children. A couple mouths later though, a beautiful baby girl had been born. She even won the king's heart. She didn't have wings, nor did she display any kind of power. Perhaps she was all human.

" Nether less, they both had broken a promise. The child and the mortal were cast down from heaven to live a life without supernatural beings. He was quite confident that this was not the era that Satan and his armies would attack. Before your father was executed into an angel of lesser power, he told a Virtue to keep an eye on his little girl, as she was destined to save us all. "

I had stopped talking and glanced at Hazel, who's eyes were brimming with the tears of a father she never met. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around her, and she dug her forehead in my shoulder.

Out of nowhere, blurry images started passing in front of my eyes, the scenery gone. There was her mother, and her father, looking fondly down. And a little girl who's hand I held. And images of Angelica, before it became captured. The deep green hills, lush trees, sparkling pure water, and angels. Angels everywhere, of all different choirs.

My own eyes filled with tears as I saw Hazel, so young and adorable give me one last goodbye hug before I erased her memory. I felt her stiffen, and it was only then that I realized she was going through my earliest memories. Note to self, she already knows how to do this to unblocked minds, keep mind of memory blocked.

"You took away my memories?" She whispered, her face still in my shoulder.

I stroked her curls, as I thought would be comforting, and waited before answering. "You said that you would be only comfortable with me doing it. And being the kings niece, he complied. Lucky for you, I had already learned how to do that. It had to done anyway."

"So you did know me before. I knew in the bottom of my soul, when I first met you, I had seen you before." My heart accelerated as she said this. I had hoped she'd remember me.

"But what exactly are you too me?" She mumbled. By now, she had sat up straight, the twinkling of the stars reflected into her beautiful violet eyes.

Staring at her rather sadly, for I didn't wish to discuss this just yet, answered her. "I'm the kings son."

She stared at me, blood rushing to fill those carefully sculpted cheeks." You're a prince? And my cousin?"

"Why, are you embarrassed?" I ask. Perhaps...perhaps she has feelings for me.

"Um, I'm not. Well, it's just that I kind of made a mess of your shirt..." She looked down at the ground, making me unable to see whether she's lying or not.

I glanced down at the tear stained part she mentioned. I smiled at her and shook my head. Prince or not, I'm still your friend, so it doesn't really matter.

Suddenly feeling another presence, I stood up, drawing out Vinesh. Hazel looked frightened, but thankfully she kept quiet. A rustling in the bushes where we had crawled under placed me in high alert. I sneaked over, preparing myself for a death of a spy or something of the source, when a familiar red head popped out.

She raised a finger to signify give me a minute, and pulled herself towards me. Wrapping her slender arms around me, I felt the tension rise off her. "Thank goodness you're alright. Now no matter how hard you try, I am not leaving your side. Even if you're in a higher choir, you are still too young sire. You need protection."

Her golden eyes stared deep into my soul, almost accusing me to protest. "Good to see you too Opal. I've told Hazel the beginning and the gist of the situation. Nothing more." I told her. Dropping my voice to a mere whisper, I added, "She doesn't know she's my promised just yet. I prefer she doesn't find out until later, when I'm sure of her feelings. I don't want her to be with me just because she feels forced to."

She nodded, and plastered a smile on her face as she greeted Hazel. "Well surprise! You're an angel!" Laughing awkwardly, she sat down in front of her.

"Now what?" She smiled nervously.

"Now we make a plan." Opal responded promptly.