◈Chapter Two◈ A Look Into The Past (1057)

Yui's POV/Dream:

"D-dad? What are you-" He shoves me against the scarecrow post.

"Take off your clothes!" He demands as he grabs the duct tape sitting by the scarecrow post and duct tapes my mouth shut so that I couldn't scream or cry for help.

Oh god. Not this dream again... This is when it all began for me. I just turned three that day and he told me he had a present for me that was waiting out in the corn field. What a bunch of shit that was. I think as the dream continues on.

"You're taking too long," He shouts angrily as he rips off my shirt, "And for fucks sake, stop your crying you stupid girl! This is your birthday present! You should be grateful I even have something for you this year," I continued sobbing, just letting him do whatever he wanted to me. I was usless. Hopeless. Just a toy to him. I couldn't do anything to prevent this from happening... Maybe I could... I can! I kick him in the balls as he was distracted with his belt, "Ah-! What the fuck?! Get back here you piece of shit!" He shouts as I run off through the corn maze towards the sunset, the house to the left of it.

I burst through the back door, breathing heavily through my mouth, the fact that I was still crying not helping me out at all. I run around the house and find my mom in the kitchen preparing an apple pie. My favorite. She takes one look at me, a look of disgust to be exact, and walks towards me, ripping off the duct tape from my dry lips, "M- mommy," I sob out, "D- daddy tried to-"

"Don't blame this on your father!" She shouts, "He would never do this to you. You threw yourself on him like this didn't you. Just because he wasn't paying any attention to you, huh! You are not my child if you try and blame others for your own actions." She continues to shout at me with a disappointed tone in her voice.

"B-but I d-d-didn't do th-this!" I sob out, crying more and more by the second.

"Yes you did! He's too good of a man to do such a thing to you. I've known this since the day I met him he was a good man and would be a wonderful father!"

I continued crying and then shouted, "I hate you! I wish I... I was never born!" I storm off just as my asshole of a father walks in through the back door, out of breath. I immediately start running up the stairs and into my room, really wishing Ayato was here right now. Too bad she spent the night at her friend's house... I can't tell her about this... ever. I can't tell anyone.

"Hey! Are you alright in there?!" I hear a man shout.

This isn't part of the dream... I think to myself, confused.

"Hey! What's wrong?!" I hear a woman shout this time, waking me up.

"Wha- huh?" I look around and spot a crowd of people at the bathroom door, "What's going on? Where's Ayato?!" I shout, jolting up and looking around. I run towards the crowd of people and squeeze in by an employee that had a key and was trying to unlock the girl's bathroom door, his shaking hands preventing him from doing so easily, "What's going on? Where's my sister, Ayato?" I ask, my voice shaking along with his hands.

The young man, probably in his early twenties, looks at me, "Ah! You're sister? I'm not really sure. I just started here." He says, almost too cheerfully.

"I don't care about that! What's going on! What's with this huge crowd?!" I question angrily. His expression hardens.

"Look, young lady. I don't know who you are but you have no right to talk to me that way. I have no clue what's going on. No one does. We just heard screaming coming from inside this bathroom. Now please, move out of the way so you don't get hurt." The crowd of people and some other children, young and old, now staring at me, look at me with both disappointed and annoyed faces.

"Right... s-sorry sir." I say as I take a few steps back along with the crowd as he unlocks the door, opening it carefully, peeking inside.

"Wh-what the-!" He jumps backwards, tripping and falling over his own leg, "D-do not go in there!" His eyes look at me specifically with pleading terror. I ignore him and shove past the crowd, poking my head into the small opening.

"A-Ayato?!" I exclaim, confused, as I run in, slamming the door shut behind me, and locking it, "Wh- what did you do!" I shout angrily at her as I look at the small, unfamiliar girl's lifeless body being cradled in Ayato's arms, "Wh- who is she, Ayato! What did you do to her! What did you do to this poor girl!" I shout, my knees weakening, causing me to collapse onto the blue, bathroom tiles as tears blur my vision completely.

"Yui... It's not what it looks like. Sh- she looked like a monster and... and-" She bursts into tears, crying into the girls blood stained dress which was now dark red and green.

"I- I understand, Ayato..." I say as I sit by her side and hold her close, "Let's never speak of this." She nods in agreement.

A few minutes later, about 8 or 9, we both walk out, holding hands as always. The crowd backs away, some scowling at us, when they see Ayato's bloody, yellow dress. We head back to the window seat and sit down in the same positions as before with cold expressions painted on our faces. People were yelling at us but we weren't paying attention to them. We only need eachother.

Suddenly another milk carton is flung at Ayato's head again but instead, it didn't hit her. It didn't hit me. I watch it bounce away and look up to see a new boy who looked about 15 or so, "Hellooooo, ladies~" He says smoothly, not seeming to be bothered by our appearances or Ayato's blood stained dress.