Chapter 5

I still stood in the empty, damp room staring and what I saw. Damien actually came to the point of doing it, murdering his own Uncle, not much of an uncle but I was just so stunned.  Damien was gone, I didn't'  know where the hell he was. He could be any where by now, I had been stood in the same spot for a while just staring at the scene but I had to get out of here before some one came and saw me standing over the body.

I ran as fast as I could out the house and then paused, where should I go?  First I sprinted to my house, maybe Damien went there but when I got there all I saw was a not pinned to the front door saying 'I love you, Damien.'  Then I realised, he was running away for ever and he left me alone. I used to protect him but now I realised how much I wasn't without him and how much I was with him. Why didn't I just go and find him when he first disappeared? I'm such a stupid idiot. Where was I going to look first, I couldn't go to the police or they would track him down and think he was some insane murderer and shoot him.

I pretty much new exactly where he would go, the woods. I knew which spot to, the one place we always used to go to be alone until one day he just stopped being happy, when his parents died. All I can remember is the way he hardly ever talked, we were just friends then though so I couldn't exactly tell him that he had me. Eventually I realised I loved him and I told him and it turned out its exactly what he needed in his life. Ever since then I knew something was coming to do with his uncle, he wasn't the kind of person to just stand for something like that, turns out he killed him.

I went in to my house and grabbed a bag and filled it with things I knew Damien would need as he didn't have anything with him when he ran away, I also packed a big tent I found hiding in my basement. After packing a lot of things, I made my way to the wood's after buying a map. I  knew some how I would get lost seeing as where I knew Damien was is right on the middle of the woods.  I took a deep breath and entered the forest, it was quiet and cold so I knew how lonely Damien would be, I felt sadness when I thought of his little weak body shivering. Afraid.

The forest was huge so it took about half an hour to get around the middle, I heard snoring. At first I wondered maybe it was a hobo or something but when I came to a tall tree, the thing laying there was no where near a hobo. I almost broke down in tears when I saw Damien shivering in his sleep.

"Damien!" I shouted angrily, I knew he would be afraid but I was just so angry that he ran away and left me hopeless, also leaving him hopeless. Straight away Damien shot up ready to fight, his eyes looked so scared. "Sorry, did I scare you!" I raised my voice before running over to him and hugging him tightly not letting go.

"Um. you can let go now, I can't breath." he said faintly, I let go and scrunched up my whole face angrily.

"Why did you just leave?" I asked.

"I was afraid." He said blankly not able to look me in the eyes.

"Oh and when I'm left alone at a murder scene im not afraid? Any way that doesn't matter now your here and so am I. I brought some stuff for you anyway, I will stay with you until you come back." I said emptying my bag and beginning to get out the old tent hoping it wasn't broken, being so old.

"Well if your staying here until I come back then you will be here forever." He mumbled, I raised my eye brows .

"Forever is a long time, you might want to rephrase that." I said beginning to put up the tent, finding it extremely confusing.

"Im afraid." Damien whispered. I turned round and sat down next to him and held it hand.

"I know but no one will find us here, plus we need to hide your 'uncle' before someone find's him." I said, Damien shot up to his feet.

"We will come back here, lets go now! " he said hopping on to his bike, I got on the back and we went back to his uncles the ride was a lot faster when not on foot. When we got there luckily no one had found his uncle so we grabbed him and pulled him through to the living room.

"Now what?" I asked, Damien just shrugged his shoulders. "We have to think of something!" I said sounding worried, Damien walked through to the kitchen and came back with a big bag. I still couldn't believe what I was doing, helping my own boyfriend a criminal hide a body. Now it was late everyone would be in pub's from this area so we could take the body to his uncles but then how would we? I can't believe im actually considering this..

"Hurry!" Damien said before stuffing the body in to a bag quickly. I noticed the way he treated his uncle like a worthless pile of clothes going in a bag for some charity. I wanted to ask if he should be less rough but I knew how harsh his 'uncle' had been on him so it wouldn't help.

"How do we get it to the woods?" I asked, Damien just smirked and took me round the back of the house to a old, almost dead car.

"Old enough aren't we?" He asked, I forced a smile but inside I was just wondering how Damien could be so casual about this.  We reversed out as the keys were left in the car. We got out in to the road and Damien was almost like a experienced driver, usually he's a immature little boy, obviously not this week after what he's done. We got the entrance of the woods and dragged the body from the boot, it was going to be a long walk through the woods, plus it was pretty cool at night to. 

After walking in the freezing woods we got to the place we were staying, So I quickly lit a match and sat by the fire while it started up.

"Sandwich?" I asked, Damien nodded and practically attacked the sandwich, it was gone in seconds. "Your welcome. " I said joking.

"Sorry im just a little hungry. Thanks." He smiled, it had been a pretty long day so after finally putting up the surprisingly big tent we went of to bed with my tatted sleeping bags, better than nothing.