Chapter 3: It Was You

Hours later Waylon finally found himself at the main entrance of the asylum. He can see the pale sunlight outside. How he cannot wait to feel the warm sunrays against his face. He can't help but worry about Miles and wonder if he has gotten out yet. His stomach twists with a sickening feeling as he thinks, 'What if Chris caught up to him...'

Quickly he shakes the menacing thought from his head. Miles is so much smarter and better at surviving then he is. He has probably already made his way out. Waylon walks past the lobby counters and smiles as he gets closer to the exit. However, that smile quickly fades as he sees a familiar face doubled over near the doors. Jeremy Blaire.

"Mr. Park. How the fuck are you still alive? Let's... make a deal. You help me, I'll help you." Jeremy said. "God, I'm stuck like a pig. Help me up. Please." Waylon being the bigger person went over to help Jeremy up. Sure this guy had quite literally ruined his entire life, but after leaving this place he was going to take him down along with all of Murkoff.

Just as he had reached out to haul Jeremy to his feet, he felt an extreme pain in his lower abdomen. "Fucking DIE already. No one can know. No... one ..." Jeremy said as he twisted the knife that was still inside of Waylon. His vision faded in and out as he staggered backward putting pressure against his wound. "I-I was so close..." He said.

Jeremy was closing in for the final blow before a shadowy mist began to circle the area. All of a sudden Jeremy was hoisted into the air by the unseen force that was shrouded. "Grah! What the fu... Urk. Oh, God, oh Christ in Heaven how did it get out... No! No, please! No! No! Ahhhhh!" Was all Jeremy managed to get out before the dark figure ripped him in two, spraying guts and blood all over the room and Waylon.

Not wanting to be next on the shadow's list, Waylon mustered all the strength he had left and stumbled out of the asylum. Fresh air filled his lungs. For the first time in what felt like a life time, his nostrils were cured from the putrid scent of decaying flesh and stale urine. He nearly fell to his knees in joy but remembered the danger that was still lurking. He spotted a red jeep by the gates leading out of the courtyard and quickly made his way to it.

He thanked god that the keys were still in the ignition. The doors were even unlocked. Waylon quickly turned on the engine and began to backup. He stopped when he saw the black mist appear in the courtyard. This time he could see the figure inside. He picked up his camcorder one last time and switched it to night vision to get a better look at whatever this thing was that had saved him from Blaire.

Waylon's jaw nearly fell off when he recognized the figure. It was Miles. 'What on Earth happened...' He thought to himself. This poor man... It was all his fault. He put the jeep in park and stepped out. "MILES!!" He shouted. No response came from him. "M-miles?.." Waylon asked warily this time. 'Maybe this isn't Miles... Or at least the one I knew...' He thought.

Miles kept advancing towards Waylon still silent. He did not speak until he was right in front of him. "I thought I told you to stick together..." He said before dropping to the ground. Shocked by what was happening, Waylon stood still for a moment before piecing things together. Miles had just saved his life... and now the poor man was unconscious at his feet. Waylon walked over to the other side of the jeep before mustering his strength once again to hoist Miles into the passenger seat of the jeep.