Chapter 6: Somebody To Lean On

After getting what they needed from Liam, Miles and Waylon headed back out on the road. They had stopped at a few drug stores along the way to buy needed things such as tooth brushes. Now it was getting close to nighttime. "Hey ya hungry?" Miles asked knowing most likely Waylon was going to remain silent. Ever since they left 8 hours ago the blonde had not said one thing. Miles pulled into a Burger King drive through and got them both a Whooper with cheese and a Coke. "You need to eat Waylon." He said.

Waylon grumbled but unwrapped the burger and began to eat it. "Think of this as starting over. We both get a fresh start at life. It's gonna be okay I promise." Miles said trying to comfort his newfound friend. "That's easy for you to say you are alone. You have no family. I have... had kids Miles..." Waylon said trying to old back a sob. "I have one now." Miles replied. "What are you talking about?" Waylon asked confused. "You are my family." Miles stated. Honestly it was true. From the moment they met Miles felt oddly connected to him.

Waylon felt the tears roll down his cheeks and strong arms embrace him. "Like you told me this morning, everything is okay Waylon. What matters right now is that your family is safe and so are we." Miles said. Waylon sobbed and let himself be cradled by Miles. "Okay..." He replied.

When they were done eating, Miles parked the car across the street at a Hampton Inn and booked a room on the card that Liam had given them. Miles carried in their bags as Waylon trudged in behind him. "Look I know it hurts Waylon... but you've got to be strong. Stop moping around and liven your ass up!" Miles said sick of seeing Waylon act so childish. Waylon glared at him before lying down on the bed and turning his back to Miles. "Exactly what I'm talking about. I don't know about you but I need a shower. I'll be out in a few." Miles said before disappearing into the adjoining bathroom to freshen up.

Half an hour later Waylon was still on his bed facing the opposite direction. Miles was about to scold him again before the quiet sobs reached his ears. "Waylon... I'm sorry. You're right I don't know what it's like to lose those closest to you. I shouldn't have snapped at you." He said sitting down behind Waylon and rubbing small circles in his back. "No... No you're right Miles. I need to put the past behind me and start over. I have no other choice..." Waylon replied sniffling. "I'm gonna go shower." "Okay but take that splint off before getting in, don't wanna get that wet." Miles said giving Waylon a comforting smile.

Stepping into the hot stream of the water felt amazing. It had been a while since Waylon had had time to relax. The steady stream worked at his aching muscles still sore from his time in the asylum. He closed his eyes and just let the water cascade around him. He sighed contently and drifted off. Bad idea on his part. Waylon's injured leg gave way beneath him causing him to slip and fall with a loud thud.

"Waylon?! Everything okay in there?! Miles asked after hearing the commotion coming from the bathroom. "Ya, I'm okay." Waylon replied trying to get back up but finding out he couldn't put any weight on his leg without searing pain coursing through it. "Well maybe not." Miles sighed and opened the bathroom door to find Waylon on his ass in the tub. "Thought I told you to be careful." He said lifting Waylon up and helping him dry off. "My leg gave out on me." Waylon replied letting Miles tend to him.

After drying him off, Miles helped him hobble back into the bedroom. "Lemme help you put that splint back on you before you have another accident." He said tying in back up with his belt. "Why are you still even with me Miles? You know you could go elsewhere. I would be okay on my own..." Waylon said. "Don't be stupid. That would leave you without a car and who else is gonna be there to patch you up when your clumsy ass falls... I wouldn't want to be anywhere else anyway. I told you when I met you we gotta stick together and that is what I plan on doing." Miles replied before kissing Waylon's cheek.

He had really not meant to do that. Both had equally shocked expressions on their faces. "W-wha-" Waylon started but was quickly cut off by a pair of lips on his. Yes it was true. The main reason Miles was not married was because from an early age he had realized women just weren't his type and something about Waylon set him off. Waylon didn't exactly seem to hate it either because he was kissing back with equal desire.

Miles pulled off and both men were blushing deeply. "M-maybe we should get some sleep." Miles said returning to his bed. "Y-ya..." Waylon responded turning over and trying to hide the state of arousal he was in. Even though married, it had been a while since Waylon had been involved with such a heated moment. And if he was being honest with himself, he had experimented with guys back in highschool before so it wasn't as if he had hated what Miles had done. In fact he rather liked it but was afraid to say anything so the two said good night and tried to get some rest before having to head out again tomorrow.

2tddt�MV/[S�