All Surrounded

A mix of yells and shouts echoed throughout the abandoned girl's middle-high school when a desk shot through the weak bars guarding the window. The distant crash of the desk into the field wild with overgrown yellow grass reverberated into the air as echoes of birds flocked into the sky from the scare. The crash was nowhere as exhilarating as the utter panic and angry confusion leaking through the girls inside the room crammed with desks.

"Don't move!" someone screamed.

"Let her go!" another retaliated with gun raised in the air, the gun clicking.

Nearest the board scrawled with graffiti and unreadable white chalk writings fading over time two furious women stood beside their companion with glocks in hand, ready to shoot. Their hard eyes observing their opponents equal in group number.

The sun was beginning to fade outside the three broken windows in the room. Out somewhere in rural South Korea they had somehow become trapped in an abandoned girl's school. The building consisting of two wings, five floors each. Age had viciously demolished the building. Paint on the walls was peeling, flies buzzed about, and wild dogs continuously howled, barking in the distance.

The school abandoned due to a dwindling number of students enrolling was now nothing but rubbish in the open, in the middle of nowhere forgotten and trashed – a perfect location to murder and bury the dead; only none of the six girls were willing to go down.

It was obvious the uniformed women were here to bring the trio of thieves into custody. On the left of the room two righteous women ruthlessly stared them down, determined to get their partner back on their side – the pretty long haired woman whose head was sandwiched against the desk and the merciless hand of a fair woman whose face was cut and bruised from a punch.

Further pressing the gun to agent Son's head Namjoo screamed, "Tell us what's going on!"

"I won't say it again," Yoon Bomi hissed tightening her clutch onto the handgun, her face damp with sweat and strands spilling out from her tied back hair. "Let her go."

Sidestepping into her view to block Namjoo, Chorong dangerously tilted her head back stubbornly with aim on point at Bomi's forehead. Whispering back to Namjoo, "Keep her down. We're going to get out of here."

"Back down," Eunji immediately ordered when the aggressively tall woman beside Chorong shifted toward a desk. Turning her immediate attention back to the petite woman with an old white button down tied into a knot over her blue tee, she hissed, "Move. We won't shoot."

Chorong did not miss the side eyed glance Eunji shot her partner. In the split of a second she screamed out, "Do it now!"

Kicking her long leg out Hayoung immediately shoved a row of desks toward the two government agents, forcing them back. They would have run if not for the strange rumbling sounds coming from outside.

"Fall down!" Eunji screamed.

Out of confusion, Namjoo let Naeun go and immediately dropped to the ground along with her gang members. A roar of pellets blast into the room so fast that her heart jumped up her throat and none of the six moved for the two minutes the shots continued firing.

The silence that came after was deafening, haunting.

Raising head up someone whispered, "What was that?"

"Stay down," Eunji warned, quietly crawling toward the window to peek outside. The yard was barren but her eyes quickly shot toward the left wing to see shadows lurking among the halls. Her brows twitched in utter confusion before a soft stampede of dozens of footsteps scurried down the hallway.