Chapter VI

Within ten seconds, about four doctors and six nurses were all standing in my room.

"Is everything okay?"

"Are you alright?"

"What's wrong?"

"Do you need anything?"

"What is going on?"everyone buzzed around me, like bees to honey. It was overwhelming.

"I'm okay," I say, flustered, "just a bad dream." They all breath in relief and start to file out. My doctor, Dr. Cline, stays.

"Are you sure your alright?" He asks.

"Yes, thank you," I try to give a convincing smile.

"Just... Let me know if you need anything," Dr. Cline smiles at me. His smile was gorgeous. It was stunningly white, just like the walls of this room. I look back at his face and nod gratefully.

In a few hours, Dr. Cline comes in, "the good news that is all your vitals look okay," he shifts his stance a little, "except for your cerebellum. When you fainted, you hit the back of your head pretty hard. Leaving you with a minor concussion. I'm sorry." I close my eyes. I don't have time to deal with this right now. My job needs me. I can't just put everything on hold. What about the anonymous jerk who decided to turn my life upside down?

"What is the estimated amount of time I will be here for?" I ask, trying to sound calm and collected.

"Indefinite," Dr. Cline says, "it depends on how well and how quickly your head heals. "I take a deep breath and nod. I have had two employees who have both experienced concussions first hand. Both had major concussions. The only difference was that one of them healed in two months, while the other took eight months. "I'm sorry," he says and leaves the room.

I am alone, and the whole world crashes onto me, the realization of how surreal my situation really is. All I feel is pain. Why today? The memorial of my daughter's death. I haven't had much time to grieve, work taking it off my mind. But now, as I sit hear, with nothing to do, I am forced to face my sadness. Tears start to slide down my face, and I cry. Crying loudly isn't really something I do, so I just sit there in silence, crying silent tears of pain and suffering. I miss my family so much. I work hard in their memory. For them. The more I remember, the more it hurts. I feel pain, but above all, I feel alone.

*********************************************************************
Author's Note: Sorry this chapter was so short. I am experiencing a writer's block so I do not know when I will update next, but I hope it will be soon. Sorry! The media is depicting Tori being alone.👤