End of The World

"We now have breaking news coming from Arizona this morning. A major disease epidemic has outbroken in Phoenix, and the residents there are being ordered to stay inside at all times. Do NOT go outside at all. The disease has created an... Um... Infection. The young ones out there might call it a "zombie apocalypse", but do not be alarmed.  The outbreak is staying in the city limits so far, and we have no signs that it will be spreading."

   We huddle in my bedroom, listening to the muffled screams of the apocalypse outside my second story  window. I stare in horror as they show the videos of people with blood smeared on them, their skin a sickly grey color.

      "What are we going to do?" Lizzy asks, snapping me out of my trance.

      "I don't know, but we need to get out of here. The infection is obviously spreading, they're just too stupid to see it." Alec mumbles.

      "I say we load up and head out. Grab as many weapons as we can. It's our only hope. To actually stay alive, you need to fight. And to fight you need weapons. Let's make a game plan." I suggest.

      "I agree with Cassie. We are going to have to survive. If we have no weapons, we pretty much are just asking to die. Just one little flaw to that, though. Where are we going to get the weapons. hm?" Ugh, I hate you Lizzy. Always making a point.

   I twirl my 'Kind of a big deal' bracelet around on my wrist and remember when I had gotten it. It's was around the end of my sixth grade year, and we had just gotten off of the Goliath at Six Flags. My friend Alec was sitting outside Attitudes with his head between his knees because he had major motion sickness. Lizzy's mom was getting some medicine for him, and I was walking around Attitudes with Gracie. She had pointed to it and screamed, "This fits you so awesomely!". I gasped and looked through my bag, fishing out the five dollars to buy it. "Ersh my gersh!" I had shrieked when i ripped off the price tag and slid it on my wrist. I was in tenth grade now, and I still had it. Along with my YOLO bracelet that I got along with it.

   "Maybe, if we can, I can get my moms car? We can get a gun from my dad, too. I have some survival knives in the basement so yeah. Lizzy, don't you still have your bow and arrows?" I point out. 

    "Yeah, I think. And why do you have survival knives?"

    "Camping."

    "Ah...

   I glance at Gracey, curled up in a ball in the corner. I sigh and slide off of my bed, walking over to her. I sit down next to her and pat her back. Her tiny body is wracked with sobs. "It's okay. We're going to escape from this."

   "How do you know that, Cassie? We could go out there, thinking we're gonna see the light tomorrow, but never wake up! It would be best if we just stay here and wait for our ends, because going out there is just going to kill us quicker!" I notice something in her little breakdown; She was absolutely right. If we go out there, we die. If we stay here, we die. If we try to escape, the guards kill us and we die. Either way we end up dying. Unless... "Wait." I say, a little too loud, "Guys... I have an idea!"

"Oh God..." Alec mumbles. Ugh, enough with it Alec! This will so work!