New Dawn

The sun shone brightly on my face. This amazing warmth and shimmering light was so perfect. How did I not notice it before? Maybe I was too busy being a rich lousy teenager that I forgot to enjoy the life flashing before me. I closed my eyes and thought about the day that changed my whole life. That changed my future. That changed who I was going to be.

My brain has been hurting for days. I thought perhaps it would go away if I had stopped partying and drinking alcohol. The pain didn't stop hammering my head. I didn't want to tell my dad about this. He is too busy with his plan of conquering the world's economy that he wouldn't even know if his own daughter is dead or alive.

Mother left me before I could even draw graphs or started learning a new language. I never knew what it felt like to have a mother and discuss your feelings, ambitions, pains and love. I always have several versions of MOMS in times of distress. How she would help me, how she would hold me tight and say, "Everything is going to be alright honey. There is always dusk before the dawn." Well, I guess those are just going to be dreams and illusions.

My dad, a precise man, always says "Girl, believe what is in front of you, the reality, not dreams, hopes, and illusions." I have always believed that my dad is a jerk even when he goes to orphanages to look good in newspapers.
Thinking about it worsened my agony. I definitely need to see a doctor since pills and sleeps aren't working at all. I phoned The Kingston Hospital.

"Hi, this is Amanda Kingston. Can I see a neurologist coming Saturday?", I said.

"Ohh! Hi! Its my pleasure to help the daughter of our founder. Dr. Yates, a well known neurologist, is fortunately free on Saturday. So, would you prefer seeing him at your house or at the hospital?", said the receptionist.

There is always an occasional one or two people, who work for my dad, trying to flatter me. They think this will get them promoted.

"Thanks but hospital sounds better.", I replied quickly, trying to end the conversation.

"May I know your condition and your age please?", inquired the receptionist.

"I am getting serious headaches these days. I am 17 years old. Ohh! Could you keep this a secret to my dad please? He has got a lot on his mind and I don't want to make the list longer.", I pleaded.

It was partly true. I didn't want to be worried by my dad. Especially when he acts like he cares about me. Anyway its not like I am going to have brain cancer or something.

"Ok. If you insist.", sighed the receptionist.

From her voice, I knew she couldn't deny it.

Author's note

Hey what you guys think of my new book. This is my first time writing. Sorry if its too short. Please comment your thoughts.