The Kingston Hospital

The dreaded Saturday arrived. I look at my phone and it showed me that it was 2:15 p.m, 45 minutes to meet Dr. Yates. I got up from the armchair to take a shower. Under the running water, I thought a lot about my headaches. I was at a dead end. I change into proper clothes. A tailored trousers and coat would suffice. I tied my hair into a ponytail. I descended the mahogany stairs and saw my dad looking up at me. He has a smirk on his face.

"Where are you going to young lady?", asked my dad.

"Somewhere you don't know." I replied.

"Guessing from the proper clothing, I can deduce it's somewhere where you would need respect.", guessed my dad.

"Smart.", I didn't want to talk anymore so I waved goodbye.

My dad followed me out. Seriously he doesn't respect privacy. I entered the car and slammed the door. He was talking with the driver. He thought he could know where I was going to. So funny. The driver entered the car and drove out of our car way.

"If you even think about telling my dad where I am about to go, consider yourself fired.", I said fiercely. I felt sorry for him but its the only way.

The driver whimpered, "Would't Mr. Kingston fire me too?"

Well that's true. Nothing pass by him.

"Not if you tell I went to look around colleges." I suggested.

The driver looked comfortable now. I don't know why my dad wants to know everything.

I arrived at the hospital at 2:30p.m. I walked into the hospital doors and received thousands of piercing eyes. I am way too sick to care about them.

"I have an appointment with Dr. Yates. My name is Amanda Kingston.", I told the receptionist.

There is always tension in the listener after knowing my name. Guess dad is working super hard to scare people with just Kingston.

"Alright. Please wait for the next call by sitting in the waiting area.", replied the receptionist.

5 minutes passed.

"Miss Kingston please.", said the nurse.

I stood up and followed her into the doctor room. The room was big with white walls and white ceilings. There were machines in his room. A white bed laid untouched and pure. The smell was familiar. It's like the ethanol smell I have to endure in chemistry classes. A sharp looking young man, who I guess was Dr. Yates, was making "tap, tap, tap" sounds by typing the keyboard.

"Have a seat Miss Kingston. Don't just stand there.", said Dr. Yates without looking up from his computer.

"Yes. Of course.", I replied stunned.

"Tell me why did you come and see me today?", asked the doctor.

"I was... no um... am having headaches.", I said, still not recovering from the earlier stunning.

"Ok. When did you start having these headaches?", asked the doctor.

"About two or three weeks ago.", I replied.

"Do you have any difficulty in understanding normal things or saying words.", asked the doctor.

"Not that serious but I do have a slight blurred vision. Maybe because my eye power increased.", I said

"Ok. Let us ran some tests on you and from there we can discuss with accurate results.", the doctor concluded with a worried look set on his face.

Author's note

Hey what do you think of this part. Comment your thoughts!!!!