Help, Help is What You Need

1 Week Later
Right as I was about to  finish my 198 piece puzzle, the doorbell rang. I huffed in frustration, got up and slowly walked to the door. I looked out the peephole to see Flint. I opened the door and he began to talk, typical.
"I had to call in a favor to find you, you weren't your cabin and gave the police no other address, I was wondering if you wanted to assist me with something " Flint rushed, it seems as though he always talks fast and wears the exact same thing.
I blinked before talking,"I gave them that address on purpose, I really don't want too many people knowing where I live, and since they already knew that one, why give them another. And I don't always live there, only when I am bored of civilization or get angry at someone. On to this thing you need help with-"
"I do not need help!" Flint indignantly interrupted.
"Fine, on to this thing you don't need help with, you should come in and explain it before I decide to not help you or to join you and not help you. You really should decide if I'm helping or not, this is way too confusing."
I opened the door wider and led him into my living room, where the beautiful puzzle sat, one piece short of completion. Of course Flint had to finish it as soon as he entered, so rude, it was my puzzle. He chose the longer couch forcing me to sit in the single couch chair thing. So as he looked around my place there was silence, until he decided to critique me on manners. "Shouldn't you offer a drink or something, I am your guest after all."
I was confused,"What are we, British? Fine! Would you like some tea?"
He laughed,"Okay, so I need your assistance with a case I'm on. I figured if you assist me then I could figure out who you are while solving the case. I'll explain on the way to the crime scene." And off he went leaving me to sit for about three seconds before jumping up to follow him.
"Where are your car keys?" Flint yelled,"I took a cab here and assumed you would come, so I told the driver to leave. You are coming right?"
"I have my car keys and I am coming, I've got nothing else to do. You just finished my puzzle." And off we went to the crime scene. Now if you are curious as to what my condo looks like I'll take a break from the story and describe it since that will be a place in which many important events take place. Sit tight for a bit or skip it if you don't care. So when I said my condo I meant my house that is the size of a gigantic condo, so really condo wasn't the best term. I've just always wanted a condo and have actually been looking for one or the whole building recently. Back to my house, it is in New York City, two stories, has its own garage, and a drive way. I have no backyard and the building has a sleek, modern look throughout. I even made all the decor myself. Oh and I have a balcony outside of my room. The first floor consists of; the kitchen, living room, and dining room. There is a door out of the hallway that leads to the garage. The second floor consist of; my room, a guest room, a small closet with laundry, and a loft. Now back to the story.
Upon arrival at the crime scene Flint jumped out before I stopped leaving me to quickly park and jump out of my Jetta before the song even ended. He had sort of explained the case but mainly stared out the window. I ran up to the yellow tape just as he got there.
"Flint, I'm not glad to see you here, though I'm curious who your associate is," Some guy said as he lifted the tape for us to get in, he then looked at me and continued to spread negativity through the world. "Beware, he might kill you. Lucky you got bumped from the group of us idiots to his associates section, population you."
"Glad to see you have the regular happy nature about you today, Jacobs." Flint said as he brushed past the guy. I just followed without a word. We entered into a coffee bar buzzing with forensics and police, there were tons of regular people around trying to get to work. Flint didn't stop until he reached the employees only door, he paused took a breath and walked in still walking as though he owned the whole place. Who knows maybe he does.
The room had one dead body, two detectives, and one forensic. Everyone who could, looked over at us did as we entered(this means that the dead person didn't look over for those of you who are confused *talking in voice only used for kindergartners*). "Ah good you came Flint, I have been deprived of comedy recently." The forensics girl said with a smirk on her face. Though I really didn't get it, who sees being funny as an insult?
The older detective gave her that look superiors have, telling her to shut it,"Flint we are glad you are here, anything you could give us would be great. It is the third body this week, we are thinking maybe another serial killer."
"Well of course it's a serial killer," He exclaimed,"All of the victims have had their haircut recently and they are all the same age."
Then he went of to jump around the body and look at it in detail, he even had a travel magnifying glass. I too examined the body, but less up close and personal. The dead person was a female, around twenty-five, she was brunette with green eyes, she was a waitress, trying to be an author, and has a Jack Russell Terrier. Before I could get any more one of the detectives interrupted me,"You were the person that almost killed the logging killer," he realized.
"Yes, I was, what was your name again?"
"Detective McCarthy. David McCarthy actually, so how do you know Flint here?"
"He questioned me a week ago and today showed up at my door to ask for help."
Now Flint yelled,"I didn't ask for help I just thought you were bored."
To which I sarcastically replied,"Right, yes, you just spent time and a favor to find me just to be a good friend, wait never mind we know nothing of each other. So a good stranger and make sure I'm not bored. Totally do not need help in any way, shape, or form." Flint huffed and kept twirling around the room.
At this point the other detective came over laughing she held her hand out and I shook it then introduced herself. "Detective Sams, Margaret Sams, but I prefer Maggie. I'm sorry you got stuck with him, Demensky is a strange person."
"Who? Flint? Is that his last name?" I was shocked, I was never told his last name.
"Yeah, he never told you? I wond-"
Flint cut her off with,"So I have a few ideas on this case, but I should follow up with research, gather some evidence, and consult my friend Sam here. I'll get back to you... Uh... soon" he ran out to protests from the detective and I followed having nothing better to do. Might as well give the guy a ride so I can see what is happening instead of being curious and in the dark.

🔚Author's note💭
Ok so I know about half of the people reading (if enough people read for there to be a half) won't read this part cause it's just me going on and on about my life and homework load, so I'll spare you the trouble. I'm only writing a note to say that if anyone is reading, thanks. Also I will try to keep this regularly updated, but life doesn't always hand out lemons. Please comment if you want to and vote and share with other wattpadians. If something makes no sense do inform me, I will in my best effort fix it. I tend to jump in writing due to the fact that I know what is going on so I think you must too. I mean everyone has Vulcan mind powers, right? Well now my beautiful note has become longer than I hoped and I'm am duly sorry. Have a fantabulous day, week, month, and year. Watch out for crazy loggers that are badly dressed.

BookxBear📖🐻