Chapter Four: Welcome to Camp Hope Braden

Chapter Four

Braden’s POV

            Today is the day. Today is when I get shipped off to this stupid ass camp known as ‘Camp Hope.’ I tug out a couple black bags from my closet and lay them on my bed. I grab a beer from my mini fridge and pop the top off of it, taking a long swig. The bitter taste travels through my throat and into my body, hopefully being able to take away a little bit of my pain. My parents aren’t the smartest out there. They want me to stop drinking and suck but yet they let me have a mini fridge which isn’t hard to hide beer in. That doesn’t make sense but there is no way that I am going to complain about that.

            I take another long drink as I walk to my closet and begin to pull out my t-shirts off of their hangers. I carry them over to my bags as I still hold my beer in one hand. After I toss them onto my bed I head back to the closet taking another swig. This time I pull out a few of my jackets and turn around heading to my bed.

            “Holy shit!” I swear as I am startled by Mia sitting on my bed with a disapproving look. She looks older than ten years old and she is wiser too. Her brown tight curl hang down to her shoulder blades and her chocolate brown eyes stare at me with sadness. Her black white mixed skin tone gives her this dark yet light tint. She is very tall and thin especially for her age. My face turns into a scowl as I see what she is wearing. There is no way in hell I am letting her leave looking like that. Her jean shorts are way too short and her white flowy tank top with silver sparkles on it almost shows her belly button.

            “There is no way in hell that you are going to where that,” I state bluntly to her. She looks like a freaking whore and I am not going have my little sister look like that.

            Mia has only been in the family a year but she grew on me and I see her as a baby sister to me and would kill anyone who hurt her. I may seem like a tough ass hole but I truly care for this family and her.         

“Says the guy with the beer in his hand? Isn’t that what you are getting sent away for? And yet here you are doing it,” she says shaking her head and I roll eyes and continue towards her tossing my jackets onto the bed with my shirts.

I raise the beer bottle to my lips and take I long chug of it. Now thanks to Mia I have a fucking head ache. My back is still throbbing as always but I pay no mind and I try not to think too much or the dark images will escape into my mind. As I drink the last sip I sit the empty bottle on my dresser and pull out all my boxers and socks carrying them over to the bed in two trips. Why so many? Summer is a long time that’s why. I even put swimming trunks, even though I probably won’t use them.

I grab a bunch of jeans and then to pairs of sweat pants, four pairs of pajama pants and seven pairs of basketball shorts and lay them on my bed. Having all the clothing there I return to my fridge and retrieve another beer popping the top and taking a long drink.

“Really another one?” Mia says shaking her head.