Chapter 1

"Get your fat ass up bitch" I heard Lashel ,my mother,yell from down stairs, probably sucking up the first man of the day. I tend not to call her my mom because she doesn't act like one.

I just tried to ignore her because I am so tried from last night having to watch trey, do my homework, make sure none of her "guest" come upstairs to bother me or Trey. I hear her again but this time...

"Monica I know you heard me the first time bitch,get yo fat ass up" Lashel screams while feeling her fist connect with my jaw and her punches seems in sync continuously, after she gets through she leaves me in a pool of my own blood and tears as always.

I pick my self up and made my way to the bathroom and turn on the shower. I wash away all the blood and makes sure I clean my self up. I lay back down to try and settle the pain as I stare at the ceiling ,I was contemplating on staying in bed 5 more minutes longer, but then she would be up here again just beat me for just being home. I heard my door creaking open, knowing that it only had to be Trey put a smile on my face. I sat up in bed and look at him peeking in the door when my eyes meet his I could see the little tears forming in his eyes, as some all ready rolling down his little round chubby face. He took of full speed running towards me and he jump on me carefully, probably already hearing my sobs from early, landing with an "oomph" as his arms rap around my neck and he buries his face in the crook of my neck.

"Trey" I said as I hug him back

"yes, mommy" he replied, I hear him sniff in my neck which just breaks my heart even more, see I been taking care of Trey since he was a newborn, my mo-- I mean Lashel has barely even seen him, let alone talk or taking care of him. After she had Trey she just dump him on me. Can you imagine a 13 year old trying to take care of a newborn. It was hard trying to take of him and me at such a young but I did have help from our neighbor Mrs. Thomas ,she would watch him when I had to go to school ,or if we need food or money no matter how much I refuse she would tell me "don't let your struggle become your identity". I never knew what that meant.

" We have to get up, its time to go to school munchkin" I said as I lift him off me carefully and place him on the floor. I took him by the hand and took him to his room, which was next door to mine and sat him on his bed. I went to the restroom and ran him a bath. After given him a bath I dressed him and got myself dressed for another day in hell with these devil spawns. On our way down stairs I made sure Lashel wasn't downstairs doing her daily deed, because I didn't want Trey to see that, I really wish he didn't even have to live in this environment. When I looked down it seemed she had left, probably to go high or find some money to get high.

I went to the kitchen to look for some food so Trey can eat before he goes to school, as usual there is none. I look at the clock on the wall and see that its 7:30 a.m. , knowing that I got a hour to get us to school I hurry up and grab Trey hand and rush out the house to begin our long walk.

"I'm hungry" Trey says, looking up at me with sad eyes

" I know baby I'm trying to get you there early so you can eat breakfast" I replied 

Like everyday while we walk to Trey school he ask a bunch a question at everything he pointed out as past it. This little boy gets smarted by the day and I love watching the innocent smile spread across his face. I want him to retain as much innocence as he can before the world tries to taint.

" okay be good I see you at 5,okay" I say as I bend down to kiss his little chubby cheeks

"okay I love you mommy" he replied as he kiss my cheek and run off to the cafeteria with his friends

I sign as I realize I got a 20 min walk left.

'Dang look like I got here early today' ,I think to my self as I walk through the doors of hell. I walk with my head down ,looking up occasionally to make sure I don't bump into anyone, as I get to my locker I pull out my books for my first class as soon as I do my locker was slammed almost catching my fingers and having everyone attention on me. As I look behind me I find no other than Uniqua and her little followers.