1st Chapter

Well, how does this story begin? Actually it has no real beginning and certainly no real end. But somehow, should finally begin this book. So, I think it started a few years ago when I started to get interested in the "dark side". I've always been fascinated by vampires, witches, and other magical creatures.

It would really just come into my dreams in my mind that I would one day belong to exactly these creatures and even being something special for them.

My name is Marie-Louis and this is my story.

It was exactly three years ago when I packed the last things in my suitcase to travel during the holidays to my friends in Germany.

I am German, yes, but my mom and I, when I was 12, moved to Costa Mesa near Los Angeles. We lived in a small house near the center. So I had spent half of my life in California and the other in Germany and now I was back on the way home. I took only a few thin T-shirts out of my closet and could then close the case, because the rest was already in them. Unfortunately it was just a simple wardrobe, although I had often dreamed of a huge, walk-in dressing room. But something extravagant like this, was in our current situation, just not in it. We were not highly indebted, or so, but it was just not easy.

Mom was the only one who could go to work because I was still in high school and the school fees were not low. But I suppress such thoughts always.

They made me sad. This time I repressed it also. I didn´t want to think of something like this...

I wanted to look forward to the next 2 months, during which I could do with my friends, what I wanted! I hoped it would be fantastic. But also because of this I was a bit worried, because I hadn´t seen them now for a year! Finally I could put my bags into Mom´s car and then drive to the John Wayne Airport. Mom and I had agreed that she would later picked it up from there. In the departure terminal pretty much was going on, but thanks to many trips with my grandparents when I was younger, I knew exactly where I needed to go, to leave my luggage at the right counter and then quickly come through the security check.

When I was in the waiting area, there was nothing more to do and I looked at something in the shops. Watches, jewelry, perfumes, bags. Just the usual stuff that you might would buy as a tourist. I wanted to sit down to read something but then the counter was released, so that the passengers of my flight could go to their seats.

It progressed quickly and I was already 10 minutes later in my seat in the second row. When all were seated, I was surprised, but also glad that the two seats next to me remained free.

But suddenly the door of the plane was once again opened to let in a young man. He looked at the stewardess and I do not know why, but it was as if she would not see him. Dazzled.

And apparently, the luck had struck again on my side, for he went on one of the two free seats next to me. Without looking, he sat down in his place. "Also hello.", I said slightly insulted and looked at him closely. He looked really good. That had to be said. His hair was black and his whole body was built muscular, but his skin was unusually pale, for he had been here in LA.

His face had also something what seemed not quite fit. Sure, it was beautiful with its delicate and regular features, but it was his eyes, which irritated me. They were as black as a sky without moon and stars. Now I understood the stewardess: These eyes had it been, what her had so confused.

Now he looked at me too. "What? Why are you looking at me?" He spoke to me with an aggressive undertone. I was a bit confused, but I did not show it to him and said, sassy and with a hint of irony: "Sorry, but I just wanted to see who is sitting the next 8 hours next to me!" Apparently he took me now once really true. He looked at me with a piercing gaze from top to bottom. I knew what he saw: A 17-year-old, slim girl with blond, shoulder-length hair, his eyes hidden behind large sunglasses and a beautiful sun-tanned complexion, at the feet high heels, that ridiculous lookes on each other, but for me seemed almost self-evident.

"Aha.", he said, as he immediately the headphones of his iPod plugged into his ears. I was a bit offended ... I was not conceited, but lookeing at me sympathetically at least because of my appearance, I was a bit used to ... Well, that was going to be fun.

I know I´m writing the same story in german too, but some of my friends who don´t speak german wanted to read the story too, so I´ll try to translate the story as good as I can... ;) But it´s for everyone too, who likes The Vampire Diaries (ecpecially Damon) and likes fantasy stories. I love u guys all and hope u like my story so please: Comment and vote for it! 

xoxo Marie