2nd Chapter

After this not much happened, except that I once ventured to speak to him. But it was exactly like the first time... I asked him if he lived in Costa Mesa, or had just been to visit. The answer I received was just as rude as if I had asked if he had a girlfriend "What do u care?" Then I put my headphones in my ears and put the music so loud I could not even hear my own thoughts, which really dealt with the question if he had a girlfriend.

A few hours later, the aircraft was finally landing at Nürnberg and I was curious if anyone would pick me up from the others, or I had to take a taxi, which would not fit into my budget.

As the plane landed and all stood up to pick up their bages and go home or wherever, I would have almost succeeded once again: I had already pulled my suitcase from the baggage carousel, as my heels caught in the bag band and I would have fallen. But out of nowhere suddenly my unpleasant seatmate were next to me and catched me, as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

"From where do...?", I started but his face was suddenly so close that I could hardly breathe.

He straightened up quickly, and so me too, but I was just in time, as an expression passed over his face that reminded me of something. Before he said highly ironic: "But no, it is not necessary that you are so thankfull ... " Was he joking on me?

"I would like to thank you, but I do not even know your name, so ..." I shrugged.

"Pretty cheeky, huh? My name is Damon. And I'm in a hurry. " Damon? As the Damon of my favorite books? Then I reminded myself again, to whom he had earlier reminded me on the plane ... but that really could not be, right? So I simply said: "I'm glad, Damon. I'm Marie-Louis. "He looked at me still to something almost expectantly. "And I thank you so much, but I haveto go now too.", I said goodbye and ran almost to the exit.

I was somewhat surprised by this conversation, but that vanished as soon as I was out from the arrival hall and the whole clique was wating for me!

God, I had missed them all so much! Theresa was there, who was still significantly smaller than all the others, but still had to call her a beauty with her pale complexion and long dark hair. To her left was Clara, who was, as always fashionably styled and her blonde hair was a endless, french braid. Theresa was standing right next to Stefanie. She had long brown, slightly wavy hair and was at least four inches taller than the others, even though she was wearing normal flat sneakers.

When they saw me, Clara immediately began excitedly jumping on and off. I ran up to her and fell into the arms of the three girls. "Oh God, Marie! You're so brown and so grown up, "said Theresa, who looked at me admiringly. And Clara also was even with a: "She's right! Where is the innocent, sweet Marie-Louis remained? "" Yes, yes, you only make jokes on me! I almost did not recognize you, so you have changed! "I said, laughing. It was all so unreal! I just had a chat with someone who should only exist in books and now I was with the people who I had not seen for a year and totally missed! "So, tell! How are you? What new gossip is there? "

"We are all doing great, but until you do! How are you doing?" Stefanie now came again to speak.

"I can not complain. It was really nothing special going on ... ! But I want to know what is in our class and with you going on, "Clara had taken from me in the meantime one of my suitcases and linked arms with me:" We can also tell you on the ride home. Let´s go, I do not feel like standing around here forever! "I had to laugh again, it was just so wonderful to be with them.

Almost as if I had never been away.

So we made our way to the car and I was almost surprised when I saw at car Theresa's mother: "You know what? I just thought, "Well, which one of you will probably drive?", But here it is for you still not allowed alone. "I said, looking into the astonished faces of the three girls. "Tell us now not, you already have your license?" Theresa asked me so that it sounded as if they would be horrified. "Did I not writte that I had to go to written and practical examination?" I was a little irritated.

"You did it, but I thought you meant you have to write a SCHOOL – test!" I thought: Did I really just left out such an important detail? Apparently.

As I arrived at the car and welcomed Mrs. Mai, she was older, of course, but much to their advantage the slight wrinkles on her face, it became somehow softer and more friendly.

"Cool, so we can drive somewhere without parents!" Clara was delighted totally obvious, but Theresas Mother stoped her unfortunately:

"You forget that you are not allowed to drive a car under 18 without a guardian."

She had apparently heard only the last part of our conversation. "But Marie has got her real driver's license, isn´t that something totally different?" Her own daughter outdid them. Thereupon she had to admit that she did not know whether it was really forbidden in the case. We got into the car.

I was sitting with Theresa and Clara together in the back seat, Stefanie had volunteered to sit in the front. The three hour drive flew by. We talked about everything, but the specific topics we wanted to talk later when we would be alone today evening.