S~H~I | Sen Pasu no Tabi

Chapter 4: Sen Pasu no Tabi (A Journey of a Thousand Paths)

AN: If you didn't know, Amelia is the girl that you can kind of see in the backround in the cover. :)

Exhausted, Amelia continued along the desert that surrounded the small village that she had resided in. Thinking about the chief made her eyes water. Sniffling, she surged forward, putting one foot in front of the other. She would live. She had to. For the village.

And for the Chief that took care of her when no one else would.
Amelia was an outsider. And she knew it. When she was abandones at the mouth of the village entrance, a small handwritten note informed the Chief that she was the Magi. Normally, any clan or village would feel honored to have a Magi bestowed upon them. But not this village.
Years ago, a previous dark Magi controlled them, and had eventually went insane, and bombed his own village.
"At the sight on the new Magi, people were wailing in fear," the Chief had one day told her.
"But why?" cried 9-year old Amelia, tears welling up in her eyes. The Chief flicked her nose. Amelia giggled in delight, and began wiping away her tears.
"Because no one was smart enough to see the good in you. Yes, my children here at home are almost as insane and senile as I am," the Chief said, muttering the last part.
The Chief had always been there for her. Now it was her turn to stand up for her. Determined, Amelia was sprinting now. She ran with all her might, and screamed.
She screamed at the top of her lungs. She screamed for how unfair life was, throwing in one impediment after another. From the Chief's sickness, to her being a Magi.
(A/N almost wrote Jinchuuriki, LOL)
And she let them fall, the crystal water droplings making its way down her pale cheek, and vanish behind her.

~-~-~-~
Casimir's POV
~-~-~-~

Groaning, Casimir sat up. He was somwhere he didn't recognize. A... base? Yes. Wait... He was in a desert. the sound of blowing sand blocked out anything else. Opening his eyes, he saw him. That damned boy. Immediately, he jumped up. "IT'S YOU!" Hoseki stood up as well, and glared at his rival. Or ally. It really mattered on the situation, then and there. If Hoseki decided, "Oh, well, he's being troublesome, might as well take his life," so be it. Casimir could barely move, and he somehow was able to stand. But if Hoseki was feeling generous, he might have thought, "I'll shut him up without having the stupid bother of having his blood on my sword." That would be nice.
Apparently, Hoseki was feeling generous.
Kind of.
"Move it," he ordered, using the back of his katana to shove him out. "Wh-what, hey!" Casimir protested meekly. He gasped as all his energy came back to him in a rush. "What the hell did you do to me?" Casimir rasped. Hoseki smirked.
"You probably don't want to know," he answered smugly.