I~C~H~I| Kagayaku Hoseki No Ko

Chapter 1: Kagayaku Hoseki No Ko (Child of Shining Jewels)

Casimir roamed through the streets, fiddling with his bracelets. He sighed in anticipation. A man he had met had promised him to give him a dungeon key at this certain location. He picked up speed, now racing along the streets like a madman, picking up an orange on the way. He laughed at the shocked expression of the shop keeper, his face twisted in surprise, then slowly molting into disgust.

"Catch that boy!" screeched the man, his emerald eyes screaming hate. Casimir just rolled his eyes and once again began running down the isle, his baggy pants flapping against his legs. Police men now began chasing after him, their swords up in an action ready to swing. "Catch me if you can!" he murmured darkly. He brought his own sword out, shimmering as he turned it in the light gaze of the moon. He almost noticed the stars glittering ever so brightly. The police were now a foot away from him. He winced as the weapon almost glazed his face. Another millimeter, and his amazing face would have been ruined! Heturned around, his feet skidding on the marble floor. He stuck his tongue out at the police.

"Came and get me," he dared. "If you can." One of the policemen yelped a battle signal and went scrambling towards him. As he aimlessly slashed, Casimir easily dodged, flipping and somersaulting in the air.

The real intention to kill will only come with the intention to protect your nakama.

His deceased mother's words echoed meaningfully in his ears.

Casimir, promise me to never kill anyone.

His heart began beating ever so loudly.

Casimir, promise me!

As he gasped for breath he narrowly dodged the next shot. Deciding it was time to counterattack, he gave a sharp lightning quick punch to the man's stomach, and shot into the air, the orange still in his hands. His teeth squished into the orange, the sweet juice seeping into his mouth. Licking his lips, he took another bite.

"Psst!" a voice made him turn midway of his jump. On a roof, sat a man in a coat as black as night. The dude with the key! Casimir quickly jumped down to the roof the cloaked figure was on.

"Hello?" he pushed his hand down onto the red bricks for balance. You may think people do that to only look awesome, but that's only half true. "Do you have my keys?" he demanded. The man chuckled a low chuckle.

"Yes but first, I have a favor to ask of you." On the outside, the boy nodded vigorously, but internally, Casimir groaned. When people said, I have a favor to ask you, then he knew it was something that was either really annoying, or really pissed you off.

"I want you to take my cousin with you." he declared. My jaw dropped in shock. A question came to mind. "Is he good at fighting?" I immediately asked. The man laughed. "Yes." He raised a hand. "Hoseki!" he called. He grinned. "I have a job for you."

----------

A/N: So! How was it? Good? Bad? I know it's really short, just trying to kind of get ready for the next one... So hope you enjoyed! Expect an update by the end of this week!

Otaku, OUT!