The betrothed

**Okay guys so here it is:chapter 7. I hope you enjoy it and please dont forget to comment and tell me what you think of it. Also feel free to give me suggestions for my next chapter.
Note I have used some previous suggestions in this chapter! Also be sure to have a look at the picture of Jasmine I placed above.**

O the beauty she was. A perfect woman with curves in all the right places and a smile brighter than the sun. Unfortunately that was as far as the young Lady Jasmine went. After ten minutes in her presence I decided that she was either incredibly stupid or she was a great pretender. She was as blunt as a broken sword and laughed at everything therefore I went with the "incredibly stupid". I knew most young men prefer their women to be stupid but I was not thrilled at the idea of being married to a child the rest of my life. Once Jasmine is wedded to me she will have some serious growing up to do.
She enjoyed the attention I gave her and blushed all the while we were walking through the garden. I held her hand as I whispered sweet nothings in her ear.
"I am going to marry you," Was one of the last words I whispered into her ear. "You are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on." That was not a lie. She truly was a wander. Sadly a man can not love a woman all his life just because she is beautiful for vanity will someday die and when all the glamour is dead true love is the one thing that will keep a marriage together. Although it was known that kings are most likely to get stuck in a unhappy marriages, I never pictured myself with a beauty that will be the death of the little happiness I may have someday.
"If you make me your wife I will surely give you a lot of beautiful baby boys," She said breaking an awkward silence that crept into the garden.
Children. That was the one thing that never crossed my mind before. The poor little bundles. I will make a terrible father, they will most likely fear me and curse me in their little baby dreams.
"I don't want to speak of children with you yet woman," I said slightly stiffening at the thought. Jasmine, for as stupid as she was clearly understood the sensitivity of the topic for she changed it immediately.
"Will there be pigeon pie served at our wedding," she continued already taking my word and believing that I will make her my bride.
"They will serve whatever you want them to, for you are my special lady now and I will keep you happy from this day until my last day," I blurred out. Lies. ALL lies. Words that mean nothing but I knew was essential to serenade your future wife with.

Finally our stroll in the garden came to an end and I was highly irritated with the young lady. It sadden me to think that I will be marrying her, but truly I had no choice for in the game of kingdoms you did whatever pissed of your enemies the most. Even though peace have been declared the Thornburg's will always be a threat and an enemy of the throne and it was my responsibility to make the Lord Thornburg as unhappy as I possibly can.
"Lord Thornburg, your daughter is truly a wonderful young lady," I said smiling slyly at Andrew Thornburg as I kissed Jasmine on her cheek. His face reddened at that but kept himself cool and replied by returning a smile. A fake one, but at least he tried.
I said a final goodbye to Jasmine and greeted Lady Loreena in a sibling sort of why. She was beautiful to but had a stern unhappy face. As soon as we entered the gardens together I lead her to a bench out looking the deep blue ocean. I sat down and motioned for her to take a seat next to me. "Tell me, my Lady, why do you look so terribly stern, should I be afraid of you? I said in a jokingly tone. She replied me by looking disgusted.
"Why should YOU be afraid of me? I heard that you are a terrible monster," she said looking me straight in the eyes without even flinching at her own treble words.
"Forgive me lord, but how can I possibly be happy when my father, my own flesh and blood is willing to sell me of to some monster lord who I never even met before."
Her words were hard, but by this time I was used to cruel words and it did not truly offend me anymore.
"And do you know what the worst of all is?" she continued.
"My heart belongs to another and because of you I might never see him again." A tear fell down her cheek and I realized that the poor lady was not stern at all she was merely a friendly soul in an unhappy place and with a few simple words I can make her happy again.
"My lady," I began unsure how to mend her broken heart. "I am not intended to marry you, I have decided already that I will take your sister Jasmine to be my wife," I said taking her hand.
" I bless you and I hope that you to will one day be wedded to the one you love."
A smile appeared on her face.
"I thank you lord!" She said throwing her arms around me.
"You see, I'm not really the big bad monster you think I am," I said winking at Loreena who was now near tears.
"Tears of joy I hope?" I asked offering the lady a small handkerchief I carried with me.
"Yes lord. Your words have made me very happy. I am sorry if I had offended you with the cruel things I said." She answered suddenly looking down shamefully.
"You have not offended me my Lady. I would have most likely done the same If I was sitting were you are sitting now," I said taking her hand and assuring her that I see her as my friend now.

In the evening a great ceremony was held in my father's hall. Everyone pretended to be friends with the people sitting next to them and laughter filled the castle. When the time was right I announced that I will be taking the young Lady Jasmine as my wife. Music started to play and we danced the betrotheds dance that symbolized that we are soon to be married.