Chapter Ten

xx Chapter Ten - Living Addiction xx

Finn searched for something in my eyes. Using his fingers, he slowly slid off my hair tie and released my hair out of my braid in flowing waves. He played with my hair, twisting a strand around his index finger.

"You didn't mean that." He murmured, bringing his other hand to my face. I swallowed and placed my hand over his, which was stroking my cheeky gently.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I apologized, my eyes pleading for his forgiveness.

The corners of his mouth tugged up into a small smile before his lips landed on mine suddenly. The atmosphere between us changed, charged with an electric, exhilarating anticipation. My breathing changed as my heart started to pound loudly. I parted my lips in surprise by the his sudden action. He took advantage of my opened mouth and his tongue started to explore my mouth as he snaked his hands around my waist, bringing me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck as the kiss started to become lustful and desperate. He stopped and tilted my chin up so that I was looking into his shining eyes, we were both breathing heavily. I looked into his shinning eyes, and I knew he wanted more. I wanted more.  I started realizing what was happening and panic coursed through me. Fortunately, Finn stopped and gave me an assuring smile.

"We barely know each other." It pained me to say it out loud, but I knew it was the truth.

"And yet, I'm already so helplessly in love with you." He cooed into my neck, giving me goosebumps. But then he stepped back with a smile, and I knew that he had gotten my message. "Don't worry."

Finn shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans. I beamed at him and said, "Thank you."

He shrugged before giving me another peck on the lips. "I don't think I can wait much longer though," He teased before winking at me. I giggled as he grabbed my wrist, pulling it gently. I looked at him  with a puzzled expression.

"Come on, Alex-Boo. I want to show you something." He started leading the way to his desk.

"Alex-Boo? Really, Finn? That the best you can do?" I chuckled as I gave him a quizzical look.

"What? You get to call me Finny. Besides, it's sounds coupley." He responded with a cheeky smile.

"The word 'coupley' doesn't exist, Finny. Besides, a lot of people call you Finny." I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

"It does in my world." Finn shot back as he sat down in his chair before beginning to look for something. I rolled my eyes and decided to drop the subject. Just then, Finn took out a neatly wrapped box. He handed it to me with anticipation shinning in his eyes. I gasped, my eyes almost popping out.

I untied the silver ribbon on the baby-blue box, and opened the lid. Inside, there was a uniquely-designed silver necklace. The details were so vivid and beautiful. The necklace read "F & A" in flowing silver cursive with a tint of blue in the & symbol. At first, I thought it was just our initials until Finn cooed, "Forever and always, Finn and Alex."

"I love it, Finn! I love it so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I pulled him close after Finn slipped the necklace around my neck, and I could feel the cold metal of the necklace right next to my heart.

"I'm just glad you like it," he smiled genuinely. He buried his head in my hair and continued, "The gray represent the colour of your eyes and the blue represent the tiny enchanting flecks in your orbs that sparks whenever we meet."

"My eyes? How do you notice this kind of stuff? The rest of the world certainly doesn't." I stared in disbelief, feeling a little smile tugging on my lips.