Ayato Kirishima -Never letting you go

I walked through the streets on my way to work in Anteiku. A scarf around my neck to keep me from freezing. Something then landed on my nose.

Snow?

I looked up and saw snow slowly falling from the sky.

I smiled remembering someone.

Flashback

"Hurry Ayato! Let's build a snowman!" The six year old you shouted at the purple haired boy who was just your age, maybe a few months older.

"Comming Asako!"

You started rolling a ball in the fresh snow. The ball began to grow and was now big enought to form the main ball off the snowman. You finished building it together and you put your scarf around it.

You two smiled at the snowman til you began to slightly shiver. Ayato noticed this and took his' off.

He gently wrapped it around your neck and over your head.

"A-ayato aren't you going to be cold?" You asked worried about the male.

"Nah, I will be fine Asako."

"Ayato.."You said as your voice broke down a bit.

"Hmm?"

"A-are you really going to move away today?"

"Yes...I don't want to leave you though."

"I don't want you to leave to-"

"Ayato we are going!" His older sister Touka said waving to him.

"So this is it then?"

"No."

"Huh?"

"We will meet again Asako and when we do remember to give me my scarf back. Promise?"

"P-promise." You answered. He smiled his adorable smile which made your head skip a beat and he ran off. Off to who knows where leaving you with nothing no family nothing but a scarf and a promise.

End of flashback

I smiled into the scarf on my neck at the thoughts of him. It has been twelve years since that promise and I still haven't forgot him. I had the scarf always on because I miss him so much.

*growl*

I placed a hand on my stomach.

It sure has been a while since the last time I have eaten.

I went to Anteiku and when I went in I was greeted by the smell of fresh coffee.

"Good evening mina-san." I said and everyone turned to me returning the greet.

"Touka-chan?"

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking if I could have a new package of you know..."

"Yeah sure Asako. You don't have to be so shy about it." She said smiling and led me to the back of the cafe. She then handed me a pack of flesh.

Yes I am a a ghoul and I don't like the thoughts of it as much as you do, but I need to somehow survive or?

"Oh one more thing Asako."

"Hmm?"

"Could you do me the favour of getting my new mask from Uta? He said he also had a new one for you. I will take over your shift."

"S-sure."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Thanks Uta-san." I said befor closing the door to his shop. I walked back to Anteiku but was interupted my a scream. One that barely audible but my ears heard them.Is it what I thing it is? It comes from there. I looked over to a high building and began running up a wall.

On top my theory was aproved. There was a woman pierced onto the floor by arrow like things. I looked behind her and saw another ghoul. He had purple like hair and his Kagune was like the one Touka-chan has. Strange.

I put my mask on and activated my Kagune. It slowly came from my lower-back and wrapped itself around my right arm forming a giant sword.

"What are you doing?" The man asked.

"Let her go."

"Why should I. We are ghouls. We need to kill those filthy humans." He growled.

"No! We don't now let her g-" Befor I could finish my sentence he pierced another arrow directly into her head. She was instantly dead.

"Oops." He chuckled.

"You!" I then flung myself at him and he dodged easily.

He sent arrows towards my head but I dodged and he only caught my scarf. It scratched it and thore a piece of it off.

Anger boiled in my and I shouted at him"You! Thouch me but not my scarf!"

"Why is that scarf so precious to yo- Wait. I know that scarf. No it couldn't be..." he looked me dead into the eyes.

"A-Asako?" He slowly asked and my eyes widen.

"How do you know my name?!"

I tried to attack him again but he kept talking.

"N-no Asako! It's me! That is my scarf. Do you still remember me?"

"No why should I even know you?!"

I was confused, what is he talking about? He didn't attack and just dodged mine. He stopped and took his mask off. I froze at who was under it.

"N-no. This can't be really you...Ayato?"

"Yes. Asako it is me." My kagune went back and I ran to him. I hugged him thightly and burried my face into the crook of his neck. Tears streaming down my face.

"Ne,ne. Don't cry." He chuckled.

"Shut up... I missed you Ayato."

"I did too."

We stayed in thsi position for quite a time when he spoke again.

"I love you."

I blushed and let the information sink in.

"I-I love you too." I said smiling into his jacket"Don't leave me again." I cried.

"Never. I will never let go of you again. Promise." And that is when the male had his first real smile on his face again in year.

Never again. He thought as he lifted my face to place a sweet yet passionate kiss onto my lips.

################

So I hope you liked this one-shot. Don't forget to request wanted one-shots! Just write them into the comments or dm me! Don't be shy. And thatnks _Suzuya_14 for the request! Go follow her all!! Til then!!

~K Lawliet❤