Chapter 1

“Hey Brook!” called Meg.

I laughed and waved, walking over.

“Where’s your other half?” I asked, referring to her twin, Mel.

Meg nodded over to where Mel was talking animatedly to a group of guys.

Of course.

I walked over, pressing the button to lock my baby.

It bleeped back at me.

I heard a sigh next to me, “I love that car.” She sighed again, “Alfa Romeo convertible- such a beautiful name. Be mine!” Meg called to my car- a present from my parents- probably as a ‘We’re-sorry-we’re-never-around- here’s-a-car’ sort of present.

I threw her the keys.

She caught it and winked. I laughed- one day her daily drive back home is going to get us, as passengers in the car, killed. She’s one scary driver.

“Brook! Hey!” Mel animatedly greeted.

A few ‘Hey Brook’s and smiles came from the guys, I smiled back.

RING!!!

Crap, I’m going to be late for class!

I rushed into class, arriving just about  thirty seconds before my teacher, Mr. Thomas, came into class, dragging (with great difficulty, I might add) a shelf covered in books.

On one big thick book, I could see the words ‘BACTERIA AND OTHER MICROSCOPIC BEINGS’- I groaned quietly.

I was just about to take another step after turning back around from the bookshelf when suddenly a foot shot out in my path, quickly before I tripped, I stopped and looked at Amanda, a girl form the cheer squad.

I smirked, “Nice try.”

She let out a grunt of annoyance and turned back to the front of the class.

Ever since the day I stopped her teasing this junior, and got into a heated argument- which I won- she’s been out to get me.

I walked to the back of the class taking a seat next to Cam, who grinned at me, “Nice reflexes.”

I grinned back before turning back to the front of the class.

Let the torture begin.

I was a straight A student, I worked hard because I knew only I had control over my future, but that didn’t mean that I didn’t not like high school any less.

Class began and I prepared to be bored out of my mind, my preparation was disturbed by the door opening, I didn’t bother looking up, I just played with my fingers and looked at the page I had ready to take notes on.

I heard the principle’s feminine voice ring loud and clear across the classroom, “Sorry to interrupt your class Mr. Thomas, but I’d like to introduce you to Evan Parker, he’s going to be joining your class.

I heard another pair of footsteps enter the classroom, followed by very loud gasps coming from the girls.

I decided that I should probably look up to see what the commotion is about.

Looking up I realized that this was just another guy. I sighed.

Mr. Thomas fixed up his glasses while replying, “Welcome, please take a seat at any available spot.”

I almost laughed out loud as girls instantly started waving to seats close to them.

I noticed as he walked up that he had a white polo shirt on, tightly fitted as if he was deliberately trying get all the girls to drool all over him, black jeans and slung over his shoulder was a black jacket.