chapter 1

you walked through the school gates, letting out an icy cold breath that you didn't even know you were holding. you had a firm grasp on your backpack, softly blinking your (e/c) eyes as you slowly took in the school. you felt two hands push on your back, making you fall to the ground. you wheezed softly and pushed yourself up with the palms of your hands, looking back and seeing two girls standing there, wearing cheerleader outfits. one wore red glasses and had bright red hair, a cane with a peculiar dragon ontop. the other had black hair with blue highlights, she also wore peculiar glasses. how the fuck were they cheerleaders? "can I help you?" you asked in a bitter tone, you weren't really in the mood for bitches today. the blue one scoffed. "woooooooow, what an attitude! you listen here, punk! we rule this scho-" a short (ish) adorable male pushed through and glared at them. "Vriska! don't bully the new kid! go away!" they both rolled their eyes and strode away. you gave a small smile to the boy as he helped you up. you were a few inches taller than him, he was actually really cute. "hey! I'm John Egbert!" you nodded and fixed your hair. "I'm (f/n) (l/n)." you held out your hand for a handshake which he ignored, standing on his tip toes and hugging you. "welcome to hussieHigh! you'll love it here!" you chuckled and hugged back. "thanks? hey could you show me around?" John smiled and pulled away, practically tugging you into the school. though you were a bit nervous about going to a new school, his hand in yours made you feel... calm.. after the long tour around the school, him helping you putting your unwanted stuff in our locker and grabbing your timetable you both walked to your first class. art. you hated this subject, you knew how to draw but you found half of the techniques and projects boring, not to mention un-needed. you slumped back in your chair, you sat inbetween dave strider and John. dave kept his eyes on you, watching your every move, he would relax when John smiled or looked at him. you laid your head in your arms, listening to the teacher before slowly dozing off, taking a gentle nap. at the end of your class, John walked out with karkat, dave waiting for everyone to leave before picking you up, you still obviously fast asleep. he walked to the nearest lockers and locked you in one, banging on the door to wake you up. "if I ever see you with John or hear him talking about you, I swear to god I'll beat the living shit out of you." you whimpered gently, closing your eyes. "o-ok.." he grinned and walked back to John. you looked at the small hole of light, letting out a shaky sigh and leaning your head back. you checked your phone and messaged your close friend. his name was sollux captor. he went this school aswell, you two met online on Instagram making terrible references to the old medical comedy "scrubs"

y/p/c: sollux?
TA: what? (y/n) iim iin math2
y/p/c: yeah, well I'm in a locker
TA: huh?
y/p/c: IM IN A LOCKER
y/p/c: I don't see how I could make it any easier to understand
TA: who diid iit?
y/p/c: dave strider
TA: wow, Mr cool kiid trapped you iin a locker, what one?
y/p/c: the one right next to the art room
TA: iill bee there iin two miinute2
y/p/c: thanks!

after a few minutes of waiting the locker was opened, but it wasn't sollux who was standing there. it was a dave look a like. "uh? hello?" you squinted at the change of light, the boy helped you out. "what the hell are you doing in my locker?" you flinched gently then realised it wasn't dave, he had spiked up blonde hair and pointy shades. "dave put me in there.." the boy growled. "what a prick, hey I'm sorry 'bout that kid, I'm his brother. dirk." you nodded and smiled. "cool name." a smirk slowly spread across his face. "thanks, cutie." (( cliffhanger 0-0 ))