Chapter Five

Hannah's due date was a month away and the pregnancy had been hormonal. Cal had found it hilarious more than once.

That morning, Hannah was lying with Aria on the sofa. "Ari, I don't wanna be pregnant anymore. Its too stressful," Hannah mumbled. She had been on maternity leave for a few weeks.

"You'll be fine," Aria said. Cal had gone to work and Iain had dropped Evie off at day care.

"You and Iain thinking of another kid?" Hannah asked.

"We want to, but only when we're ready," Aria said.

Hannah bent over in pain.

"Hannah?" Aria asked. Hannah groaned and her waters burst on the sofa. Aria phoned an ambulance - she knew it would be Iain and Dixie coming to get Hannah

"I can't do this Ari!" Hannah cried. Aria held Hannah's hand.

"Yeah you can. I promise," Aria said. Hannah groaned as a contraction hit her.

"I want Cal!" Hannah screamed.

Dixie and Iain arrived at the house. "Alright?" Iain said. Hannah glared.

"Quit the sex looks and help me!" Hannah yelled.

Iain rolled his eyes and went over to Hannah. Dixie looked and saw that the baby was on its way out.

"Okay Hannah honey, you're going to have to push," Dixie said. Hannah cried.

"I'm scared," Hannah said.

"It's going to be okay," Aria said. She held Hannah's hand tightly.

"No its not going to be okay! I can't do this!" Hannah screamed as another contraction hit her. "Damn it!"

"Hannah honey, you need to push now," Dixie said. Hannah looked scared she looked at Aria.

"Do I have to?" Hannah asked. Aria smiled and nodded.

"Yes, your baby wants to be here now," Aria said. Hannah reluctantly started pushing and soon the room was surrounded with the cries of a baby girl.

"Han, she's so cute," Aria said. Hannah smiled faintly but she felt weak.

"Iain, she's losing blood," Dixie yelled. Hannah was loaded onto a stretcher and taken straight to the ED.

Aria followed behind in the car and went in with Hannah. They took her straight in to resus and Cal went in.

"The baby's weak and the mother's losing blood," Connie said. Both of them noticed who it was and immediately began doing everything they could for them both.

Iain took Aria to the quiet room.

"I can't lose my sister," Aria sobbed. Iain held her.

"You won't honey. I promise. Hannah and the baby will both get home tonight. Then we have to celebrate something together - all six of us," Iain said. Iain was planning on proposing to Aria tonight as Cal and Hannah's wedding was coming up next week.

Aria stayed with Hannah while Cal felt torn between being there for Hannah or their daughter. "Cal, go be with the baby. I'll stay with Hannah," Aria said. Cal reluctantly nodded and he went to intensive care unit with baby Emilie.

Connie and Ethan were working hard to save Hannah's life but she was losing a lot of blood. "She's going to need a transfusion otherwise she won't make it through the night," Connie said. Aria felt her heart breaking.

"Come Hannah, your baby needs you," Aria whispered.

Iain went to see if Cal was okay. He saw him holding Emilie. Walking in he heard Cal crying. "I need Hannah to make it," Cal said to Iain.