Chapter 2: All Hell Breaks Loose

As students began to run for the door in a panic, Cassidy could not help but look back at her friend Jessica on the floor screaming at the top of her lungs, as she was being treated as if she were a Thanksgiving turkey.  As she kept looking at her friends face full of fear, she felt herself being pulled away from the scene at out of the door.  When she turned her head to see who was attached to her hand, she saw the back of her friend Marie's head as she pulled Cassidy out of the cafeteria .  As she was being pulled, Cassidy began to hear screams coming from all around her from the classrooms and other rooms of the school

"What's going on? Why is this happening?" Cassidy croaked from her now dry throat.  "I don't have any idead but I don't think we need to stay around and wait to find out.  We need to get out of this crazy school before we turn into a feast just like Jessica" said Marie, as she continued to pull Cassidy through the school in a fast pace.  When Cassidy realized she was being pulled towards the exit of the school she began to try to slow them both down.  "What are you doing Cass, we need to leave like right now!" Marie said in a fearful voice.  "I can't leave my sister here in this mess" Cassidy said back with force.  Marie weighed this in her head for a second before speaking up.  "She had chemistry upstairs this period right?" said Marie finally.  "Right, all we have to do is run up there and get her and get out as fast as we can " said Cassidy.  Marie's expression said that she did not believe that this was a bad idea.  "Do you really think that we'll be able to just waltz on up to the third floor and waltz on back down without running into any of those things? said Marie.  As she was finishing that sentence there was a scream from behind them, and a girl in blood soaked clothes ran towards them.  Both girls moved out of the way just in time to miss the girl trying to ram into them like a bull.  The girl ran into the wall and became dazed for the second.  Both Cassidy and Marie wasted no time in taking this opportunity to make a run for it as the blood soaked lunatic tried regaining her composure to try again at her assault on them.

As they ran down the hallway and finally make it to the stairs, the began to increse their speeds as the began to hear more screams and roars coming from behind them.  "I don't know about this Cassidy, what if Rachel has already become a meal to one of these things or worst, she's one of them" said Marie.  Cassidy tried to ignore this statement as she kept running up the stairs.  All she could was hope that none of Marie's predictions were going to be true once they find Rachel.  Cassidy was secretly wishing in her head that they would make it to Rachel's chemistry class and find it blank.  She would in her head prove that maybe one of Rachel's friends had dragged her out of the school trying to escape just as Marie had done to her.  The only change Cassidy hoped would different would be that Rachel had not tried to return to look for her just as Cassidy was doing right now.

As Cassidy and Marie reached the third floor and were on the approach to the classroom that Rachel's chemistry class was held in each day, the noticed that most of the hallway was covered in blood splatters everywhere, from the floors to the ceilings.  Cassidy and Marie both exachanged looks of worry as the made it to Rachel's classroom, room 313.  Cassidy hesitated at first, before turing the nob.  Once the door was opened, she realized that Rachel and her classmates had not been spared from the craziness that she and Marie had experienced downstairs in the cafeteria.  Chairs and desks had been overturned, books and bags lay abandoned on the floorm and there was nobody in site so far.  Cassidy's head snapped up as she realized that she and Marie were not in the room alone.  A girl was cornered by another one of those monster.  Monster was the only word that Cassidy could think up to describe what these things were.  She refused to think that they were infact zombies, things like that did not exist in the real world.  But neither did flesh-eating mosters she had to quickly remind herself.

"What are we going to do Cassidy? If we try to help her we might end up as a meal ourselves" said Marie.  At the sound of Marie's voice the thing snarling in the corner turned to face both of the girls that had just entered the room. And to both of the girls horror, they realized that it was in fact Cassidy's sister Rachel.  "Oh no, not you Rachel" screamed Cassidy as she began to move towards Rachel.  Marie stopped her by placing her hand on Cassidy's shoulder, " Hey don't forget what happened downstairs, if she is one of those thing, she is not your sister anymore".  "Still falling in line with your little clique huh Cassidy" came the words from Rachel's mouth.  Marie and Cassidy both stood in shock.  Weren't zombies and monsters supposed to have limited brain activity, Cassidy thought quietly to herself.  So how in the world was Rachel able to talk.  " You know what you're doing and your still going to go through with this?" asked Marie.  "Of course I am, a growing girl has got to eat right" Rachel said back in a sarcastic voice.  Cassidy could not believe what was happening in front of her.  Her own sister was getting ready to try to dive in and eat a living human without any remorse whatsoever.  "Why are you doing this Rachel, this isn't  you, come on and let's get out of here" said Cassidy.  "Oh big sister, listen at you, still thinking you need to be in charge of everything.  Well that is all about to end" said Rachel.  At this both Cassidy and Marie took a step backwards towards the open classroom door.  "Do stick around you two, for the party" said Rachel as she took a step towards the two girls with a smirk on her face.  While doing this, she complete loss interest in the girl that she had cornered in the back of the classroom.

"I feel better than I've felt in a long time, I feel like I am unstoppable" said Rachel.  If you had bothered to pay more attention to me you would have realized that I had a fever this morning and was not feeling particularly great on the way to school.  Cassidy thought back to the drive to school when Rachel had snapped at her.  So that was  what was wrong with her this morning, but why hide the fact that she didn't feel good wondered Cassidy.  "I had this awful headache, and my stomach was killing me.  By the time I reached third period I thought I was going to starve to death, and then I realized I need to get ahold of food, and not just any food, blood" said Rachel as she took another step towards the two girls in the doorway.  "But it's ok that you two have ruined my meal plans for the moment, you two will do just fine" said Rachel.  "You'd eat your own sister?" screamed Marie with a look of fear and disgust painted across her face.  "Of course I would, why not? It's not she's ever done anything nice for me" barked Rachel.  "Rachel come on, this isn't you, snap out of it and lets get out of this crazy place and to safety" said Cassidy.  "Oh you'd like that wouldn't you! Big sis always has to try to make everything all better for little sis huh" said Rachel.  "It's not like you ever cared about me before all of this, it's just that now you fear me because you realize for the first time that you've been beaten.  This time you won't be able to turn on your perfect little charm and talk your way out of this" yelled Rachel.  "FInally the gorgeous Cassidy Beaumont is going to get put in her place along with her bitch of a---" just as Rachel was getting ready to finish her sentence, the girl that she had left forgotten at the back of the classroom  ran up and knocked her in the back of the head with a stool from one of the lab tables.  Marie and Cassidy wasted no time making a run for it.  On their hills was the girl from the classroom.  The ran as fast as they could making it down to the second floor landing before hearing a scream come from the third floor.  Cassidy knew that is was Rachel, and man oh man did she sound pissed.

As the three girls made it down to the first floor, the ran as fast the could for the front door exit.  Not even stopping to open the door, all three girls immediately burst throught it.  Once outside, all of the girls stopped in their tracking taking in the scene before them.  It was madness on the outside groups of the high school.  People were running in every direction trying to get away as the monstes were hot on the trails trying to get even a small chunk of warm human flesh.  One girl stumbled over an abandoned bookbag and was not able to get up quickly enough before three of the monsters jumped on top of her and started to tear into her flesh.  Cassidy snapped back to the task at hand and ordered Marie and the girl from the classroom to follow her as she made a dash for her car.  She thanked God that she had kept her keys in her pocket today instead of putting them away in her locker as she did every other day.  As they ran towards Cassidy's car, the girls frequently had to dodge and jump out of the way of oncoming lunatics who's attention that had began to catch.  When they finally did reach Cassidy's car they all jumped in.  In her rearview mirror, Cassidy caught a glimpse of her sister coming their way.  She began to panic as she started her car.  As she began to back of out her parking space, one of the monsters began to bang on her passenger side window where Marie was seated.  Are the doors locked??" sreamed Marie.  "Yes they are locked, just try to get a grip, we will soon be leaving this place in our dust.  As she began to pull towards the exit of the school parking lot, Rachel jumped in front of her car making Cassidy slam on the breaks.  This sent the other two girls flying forward as they had not secured their seatbelts yet.  "Come on sis, you're not gonna run over your little sister are you?!" Rachel said with a smirk etched across her face as she slowly started to walk forward.  Cassidy didn't even hesitate before slamming her foot down on the gas.  "Hold on girls" she said as the car sped forward.  Rachel's eyes bulged as she did not expect this and she jumped out way at the last minute before being hit by the oncoming car.  She landed hard on the tar ground of the parking garage.  Cassidy looked out her mirror at Rachel, it was obvious that she had not planned on Cassidy actually having enough balls to almost run her over.  As she sped away from the school still looking in the mirror at her sister picking herself up, she hoped that she would not soon run into her again anytime soon until this mess was sorted out.  Whenever that was she added to her inner thoughts.