Chapter twelve

Sirus-

I lean down behind a small barricade me and some other resistance members set up. Shots ring over my head, I check the gun I found a few minutes ago and relode it. I look around as small groups are fighting the overwhelming amount of bots. How do I always end up in the roughest of spots?
I peer over the barricade and flinch as a shot hits the concrete next to my face. I quickly lean back down. I grab the sleeve of the guy next to me. He's young, I've not seem him before.
"We need to push to the center. If we clear out these bots here than we can open a path for the everyone else."I say to him.
He nods before relaying the message to the other groups. I hear the guns begin to fade a little so I take the chance. I stand up and am at the horde of bots we are surrounding. I'm overwhelmed by the sheer numbers I hesitate to shoot. One sees me and raises it's gun to me. I quickly let loose a shot at it and take out. I continue to spray at the bots until I hear my gun click. I  lean back down and sigh.
"I'm all out." I say to the two next to me.
The storm of bullets resurges around us again. I hear a couple of sharp yells from around us. We're losing to many. This is suicide.
"We need to talk back and regroup."
"What about the others?"
"We'll find another way."
I hear the other guy grunt angrily.
"To hell with that! I've lost to many friends to abandon this now!" He shouts as he stands up. He fires a couple of shots before he himself gets riddled with bullets and falls flat.
"Damn it. You idiot!" I snap at his corpse.
I pull the other I was talking to back down.
"Do you want to end up like him!? Stay down!"
He looks at me with a blank pale expression. He then looks down at his stomache and I see the blood flowing down him.
I see a cluster of four bullet wounds in his gut. He slides down the barricade and tries to choke out some words. I close his eyes and sigh.
I've not been in a fight this rough in a long time. I peek around the side of my little block and see the bots moving in on us. We are breaking. This is bad.
"Fall back! Fall back!" I tell to the group and get no response. I see one person cowering behind his cover with his gun close to him. The bots are right on him. As they encircle him I hear his gun fire before a moment of silence. I'm all that's left? I swallow hard before grabbing one of my teams guns. I stand up and run to a alley way as shots land around me. I slide around the corner of the building and post up. As the bots give chase I pop off one after another. Five bots in and they finally stop trying to advance.
"Now this is fun!" I yell out as I continue my route to the center. I hear the bots behind me and fire a few shots before this gun runs out of ammo. I throw it down and run to a fence. I start climbing it when I see the bots behind me. I hurry over it and begin running when I get shot in the arm.
I grab it and continue to run. I see an open building to my right and run inside. I wait for the bots to pass and look at my wound.
"My favorite jacket too..." I shrug as I tear off the sleeve. No sense in having it get matted to the wound. I check to see if the coast is clear when I see a chilling sight.
I see Zero carrying Jade over his shoulder.
"No..way!" I say to my self.
Did Jade go and lose? Wasn't he supposed to be the one to get us out of all of this?
I see his hand twitch and a moment of relief over comes me.
"Seems Zero hasn't killed him." I notice that he is heading to the center. Odd? He surely knows that we are going to regroup there. If he doesn't, I'm sure he'll find a nice little surprise. I focus my gaze on him and he cuts a look my way. I freeze as we lock eyes.  He grins slightly before closing his eyes. He simply continues to walk. Why isn't he going to attack me?
"Don't be late to the show. I'd hate for you to miss it." He shouts out at me in a laugh.
I can't find any words to say back to him. What show? What is he planning?
I walk out and make my own way to the center, steering clear of Zero.
Whatever he is planning won't be good. I need to hurry.