chapter 2- family feuds

Rachael's pov

He'd always be there when I woke up, holding my hand and comforting me. I woke up on the odd occasion when he was asleep and when he felt me stir he would squeeze my hand a little tighter letting me know that he was still there even when he was sleeping. I woke up once to an argument but didn't open my eyes and just listened.

"She was safer before she met you,before you, she was at least a bit more well behaved but now nothing, she won't even talk to us" my mother hissed at him.

"Us, I think you mean you, she won't talk to YOU cause every time she does you make her feel like shit you bring her down when she's trying so hard to keep her chin up and walk tall, she talks to her grandmother because no matter what choice she makes, she's always there to help if she can, rach just wants support not another person to judge her and bring her down like others do, like you do now.she's trying to stand out on her own two feet but when she was at home you yelled at her a lot, pretty much blamed her for stuff going wrong and rather go buy chocolate and coke for yourself than more school food for her if she was so hungry that she ate the first lot, don't go screaming at me and blaming me for your own faults when I'm trying to be here for her, for your daughter" Jason screamed back as much as he could, but quietly as to not get kicked out.

Grandma piped up from the other side of the room, and looked at the both of them in a calm tone she spoke.

"If you want to yell and scream at each other go do it else where so Rachael can rest and you both can go outside so you can be as loud as you want then".

I barely opened my eyes so I could see, but not enough to let anyone else notice I was awake.

Mum and Jason were standing at the foot of my bed, Jason with his fists clenched and mum with that wild look on her face. They glared at each other before walking apart, admitting my grandma being right, so they dropped it.Jason came and sat by the side of my bed again and mum walking to sit next to grandma.

The days past and I was let out in a week, the doctors had said I made a quick recovery. I went home. Jason was still with me every single moment helping me into and out of the car and into bed at home. He was careful treating me like a piece of fragile glass and all the rest of the time he was hugging me and keeping me extremely close like I'd been away forever and he'd only just seen me again. I loved his touch every movement he made across my skin sent shivers up my spine and I burst with happiness, even though I was still in pain I showed a heart felt smile that I felt throughout my body and I radiated happiness.

One day, grandma came in to see me alone, she'd asked Jason to go down to the shops to grab a few things, probably to get rid of him so she could talk to me alone. Though he'd become a little more okay to leave my side now probably ok to give me a little space to myself every now and then. 

"Rachael, what do you remember of what happened to you" She asked sitting down on the bed.

"Nothing much really"

"But think rach what do you remember from it at all" she asked a bit more sternly.

"I...I remember" suddenly it all came back in a flash.

"i remember going into the forest as a short cut to get home from work like always, and.......I felt like someone was following me, so I walked faster and hid, some men in what looked like robe like clothes came out of the shadows and continued on the path I was supposed to be taking. When I thought they were far enough ahead. I raced out from my hiding place and started to race back to work, when I froze, I couldn't move any of my body except my head, I tried to move, I tried really hard but nothing. I remembering then hearing the snapping of twigs like someone was walking from behind me. My body rose off the ground a little and in a slow movement it turned around completely so that I was facing the other way." 

I paused. Grandma looked at me."go one" she urged.

"Grandma it was one of the three men, he had his hand raised halfway like he was controlling me, how could he though? How was he using magic?"