Prologue

I hope you all like my story! If anybody who read the first write of this, I am totally re-writing my One chapter, just wanted you guys to know! And a shoutout to blackcatkilljoy, who helped me write this the first time, and has helped me develop the plot and characters!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're hearing this, I'm either dead, and the world is still broken, or the world was somehow saved, and you just found this thing, and decided to listen to some random recording from the past. If that's the case, I suggest you stop, it's... Not the happiest history lesson, though, it might be one of the more interesting ones... You still here? Alright then, you've been warned.

This all started for me on New Years Eve. Pretty cliché, huh? Don't worry, it's not one of those stories where I was in this overly crowded area, and SOMEHOW managed to be the only one able to escape. Nah, it was actually kinda boring at first. I had just moved to Ohio at the start of our winter break, lovely, moving flat in the middle of the year, in your very first year of high school? Just great. I didn't actually care as much as I should have though, I didn't have any friends in my old school, and I hated all of the teachers, they hated me to, but, that was back in Oklahoma, I was starting a new year, a new life, finally a fresh start! But... I was starting it alone. My mom and brother both had work until waaaayyyy late- or early, or is it late? Anyway, they weren't around, and wouldn't be for a while. The only living company I had was my dog, who was napping downstairs somewhere, and I hadn't been around long enough to make any friends yet, so, I spent my New Years Eve watching the ball drop on my own. Here came the count down! TEN! New friends. NINE! New school. EIGHT! New life. SEVEN! New start. SIX! I stood up in anticipation. FIVE! I started counting with the timer. FOUR! I couldn't wait. THREE! I heard a strange rumbling sound. TWO! The whole room started to shake, what was happening? ONE! I could hear screams outside, were people around here really excited enough to set off fireworks? HAPPY NEW YE- just as the clock hit twelve, my whole world shook, glass broke, and things fell off of shelves. I still didn't know what was going on, but I could tell it wasn't good. I ran to my room and grabbed a few things, to the kitchen and grabbed as much as I could, and hid out in the basement.

At the time I was scared out of my mind, but I had know idea what was coming next back then, nothing could have prepared me for what was next.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! Finally re-wrote it! Hope you guys liked it. And to my friends who knew my starting plans, everything is the same, just a different beginning, don't worry. Well then, Admiral out!