CHAPTER|ONE: Girl Undercover

-edited- (kind of lol)

“I’ll miss you.” I quietly whisper into my father’s chest as he hugged me tightly, resting his chin gently on my head and laughed fondly at my comment.

“I’ll miss you too, Hyuna. Your mother would be so proud to see you now.” He admitted in a soft tone and the corners of his eyes crinkling up as he smiled down proudly at me. I pulled away abruptly from him and blink back the fresh batch of tears that stung in my eyes and swallowed the painful lump in my throat.

“She would, wouldn’t she.” I murmured under my breath, before letting out a deep sigh as my father says his goodbyes one last time before rushing off to his car. Once he was out of view I picked up my two heavy suitcases and stumbled closer to the crowd of people — impatiently waiting for the train.

Last week my father had surprised me by letting me know that he had enrolled me in one of Korea’s most well known boarding school, it was totally unexpected but you could say I was kind of grateful for this so-called miracle.

Living in Busan without a good job my father certainly wasn’t a wealthy man but somehow managed to save up enough to register me in the high class school.

To make matters even better, my mother had died when I was nine and as the usual cliché stories go, it hit me hard causing me to keep my guard up and stony façade. Which might explain the lack of friends and why most people tend to avoid me in the neighbourhood.

I was too deeply engrossed in my own thoughts, that I barely heard, let alone saw, a deep and dramatic male voice yell loudly in my face.

“Miss! Move out of the way! Miss! MISS!”

I blinked rapidly when a tall framed boy with flaming red hair came racing up to me screaming hysterically, fear evident on his alarmingly handsome face. I merely frowned as stood frozen in my place only to have him bash harshly into me.

With a groan I hit the floor and glared angrily at the giant who was towering over me with a concerned yet cautious look.

“Ah I’m sorry, although I did ask you to move out the way.....” He mumbled the last under his breath, but outstretched his hand nevertheless. I roll my eyes at his attitude and grip his hand, sighing as he brought me up.

“I’m really sorry, it’s just that guy over there was chasing me.” He pointed with his thumbs over his back before flashing a bright grin that displayed a row of pearly whites. I kept quiet, not even smiling but internally chuckled when he frowned.

“Hm, are you waiting for me to introduce myself? You know, I actually watched a movie similar to this scene we are having right now, where the handsome actor-“ The hyper-active boy instantly stopped rambling when I looked amused.

His pale skin flushed a pretty shade of pink, “Sorry, so the name’s Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. I also, sincerely apologise for almost cracking your skull open and probably dislocating all your bones.”

This time I didn’t even bother biting back my smile as his contagious aura began getting to me. I dusted down my charcoal grey skirt and adjusted my woollen hat before responding.

“It’s fine.” I quietly speak up, my tone soft and timid - which oddly caused him to smile even wider down at me, “My name is-“ I was suddenly cut off my greetings when out of the blue, a lanky framed guy with shocking pastel pink hair came jogging over to us with a shorter boy hot on his heels.