Lone Hobbit 04

Bilbo had started getting fidgety as they got closer and closer to Laketown and The Lonely Mountain. He was... scared to say the least. Would Thorin forgive him? Would Thorin want to see him? Should he even try to see Thorin when he arrived? So many things ran through his head that pulled him farther and farther from reality.

"Bilbo," Fili called, coming to a hult, no response. "Bilbo~," Fili called again, turning around this time. Bilbo had a dazed look on his face. "Bilbo!" Bilbo snapped out of his thought. "We're approaching Laketown, would you like to stop and see Bard? He's made a lot of changes since the last time you were there."

"Last time I was there, a dragon destroyed the town," Fili gave a sheepish smile. Bilbo smiled, "I guess so. Bard was the one I gave the note to. He saw me off and he should see me back. It's only fair." Fili nodded and pulled his pony towards the new Laketown.

Bilbo looked on in awe of the newly made town. The houses that had once been dingy and broken-down were now well-kept and bright. The streets, once littered with the poor, were freshly polished. Everything was so different.

"Wait 'til you see it up close," Kili said, seeing the awe on Bilbo's face. "Bard really fixed the place up... Even after the dragon he did a lot. Not just for the town. He's been helping Uncle with running the trade through the mountain. Never would have thought that a bard would actually know a thing or two about trading. You were right. Again."

"About what?"

"Getting to know him. It worked out pretty well."

"Hey bard!" Fili called to a woman on a boat. She looked at them and waved. "Would you take us to Laketown? We need a ride." The woman nodded, angling her boat to the riverbank. "Thanks!"

"Welcome to Laketown. What brings you here? Don't tell me you're heading to the mountain. They're having some kind of party. Seems like they found something or have been lookin' for. Hope it's nothin' dangerous. Last time they found something a dragon came. This time, who knows! Maybe a Unicorn will grow out of some magic egg and give us all gold." The woman rambled. She was nice enough, keeping up conversation and all, but she didn't seem to have a filter to stop. She had cropped brown hair and loose fitting clothes. Her face looked worn, but happy as she kept chatting.

Bilbo had never been as happy to get away from someone as he was when he exited the boat. She was nice, but she could talk forever. "Where does Bard live?"

"Where he was last time. He rebuilt his home where it was. Though, he is the Master of the lake now." Fili took the lead and went straight to Bard's house. Having been there the most since the dragon was killed. They arrived at a very familiar looking house, letting Fili knock.

"Coming!" Was yelled from the inside of the house. Tilda opened the door gasping in surprise as she did. "Da! We have guests!" She called running to her father and leaving the door open for the others.

Bard was just coming around the corner when he saw Bilbo. "Bilbo, is that you? I haven't seen you in forever!" Bard smiled.

"It's been a long time," Bilbo agreed.

Thorin had been working endlessly to complete the crown. He made it look as realistic as possible, putting in flowers in it had been hard, but worth it in the end. It looked like one of the flower crowns that Ori had given Dwalin one time.

"Are you done yet? Ori has something to show you," Dis scolded. "You always were the worst when it came to time management."

"Because I'm too worried to waste my time looking at a clock," Thorin defended, getting up from his bed. Dis raised her brow making her brother roll his eyes. "Okay, I might-"