Chapter 5

I walked in to our English class with Amanda when the bell rang.

For some reason this new teacher seemed to know Amanda quite well.

"Good morning class my name is Mr Jolly" the new teacher said while writing his name on the board. Then he started handing out novels that looked really boring.

" Your homework is to read all of this tonight"

I herd a really loud groan from Behind me. I turned around and saw Dylan with his head in his hands."

Hey, what's the matter?" I whispered to him so the teacher won't hear I don't want a replay of what happened this morning.

"I can't read!"He mumbled through his hands.

"You can come over to my house tonight and I'll read it out to you, I don't mind"

"Thanks, I'll just text mum and tell her I'm coming to you house for homework."

"I'm sorry, is my teaching getting in the way of your talking?" Asked Mr Jolly said annoyed.

Ugh so much for not getting court.

"Soorrrrrryyyyy" I say sarcastically.

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" he said.

What a smart ass!

***

AFTER SCHOOL

Thankfully I amused myself and Dylan during detention by making things float around the room.

I soon regretted it when the teacher came in and left the room straight away screaming.

Ha ha, Karma's a bitch! I thought as I put everything back where It was.

"Come on Dylan, it looks like detention is over" I said cheerfully.

"What about Mis......" Dylan started.

"Oh don't worry no ones going to believe her!" I said cutting him off. "Now come on I need to read that dumb book out to you, remember?"

He nodded and followed me out of the room.

***

AFTER DYLAN WENT HOME

I sat at my bed and looked at my

lap-top, Dylan really wasn't kidding when he told me he can't read!

At least the book was short, I'm actually starting to lose my voice from reading it to him!

All of a sudden there came a noise that made me shudder, it was any body's worst nightmare.

The fire alarm.

My eyes flickered to the door where I see flames licking at my door.

I jumped off my bed, opened the window, turned around, gabbed my lap-top and its charger.......

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh" I screamed in pain as I felt the flames on my body. I turned (with my lap-top and charger) and jumped out the window.

Then every thing went dark.

***

Dylan's P.O.V

I sat on my bed and looked at the ceiling. Lily is so sweet reading that dumb book to me.

Something didn't feel right. I jumped off my bed and looked out my window towards Lily's house.

I gasped in horror and ran down the stairs as fast as I can go.

Her house is on fire.

When I was out of the house I saw Lily's Mum and Rose standing out side the house crying.

OMG... Where is Lily and her dad that I haven't met yet?

Now I was standing beside Mrs Foster. When she saw me she burst into tears and said it was a mistake.

"Where's Lily and Mr Foster?" I asked.

"Lily's still in the building, and Mr Foster died after getting hit by a car four years ago" she sobbed.

"Oh I'm sorr......." I was saying but was interrupted but the sound of a window smashing. My head turned in the direction out the noise.

It came from Lily's window. Then I saw Lily throw herself out (holding her lap-top and charger, surprise surprise!) her beautiful pink eyes court mine and then they rolled up in her head as she passed out.

I ran over to her and picked her up bridle style, with the lap-top and its charger on her belly.

"Somebody call an ambulance!" I shout while looking at the damage that, that stupid fire has coursed.

She had one long burn up one side of her body and face, but for some reason the fire didn't burn through her clothes or hair just her skin.

When the ambulance finally shows up, I kiss Lily's forehead and handed her over to the paramedics.

***