(1) Our move to New Zealand

A/N- Hey guys! First one shot is a self-harming one and a heart breaking one. :( I hope you guys enjoy. Remember guys, I am taking you guys' requests so, feel free to message me your requests for a one shot or leave in the comments below.

WARNING- THE FOLLOWING ONE SHOT CONTAINS SELF HARM. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT AT HOME OR COPY ANYTHING THE ELLINGTON DOES IN THIS ONE SHOT BECAUSE THIS IS ALL FICTION!

**************************************************

Ellington's POV

Slit, slit, slit. Those were the sounds my razor blade was making as I slit them across my skin rapidly. Lately, I had been depressed. For one reason only.

We moved.

I still can't believe my own mom would do this to me. She knows I love playing with the band, she knows I love the Lynch's and she knows that music is my life. But, there is one thing she doesn't know.

She doesn't know I love Rydel more than a friend.

Rydel. The thought of her makes my heart ache. Knowing that I am so far away from just makes me want to die. I mean, without love, what's the point? Rydel is the one person who understands me without me saying a word, Rydel is the one person who can make anyone laugh, Rydel is the one person who can light up anyone's day brighter than a light bulb, and most importantly Rydel was and always be my other half.

Yes, I know it sounds cliché, but it's true. Rydel and I did everything together. We would have sleepovers together, go to the beach together, go to the mall together, study together, eat out together and we would even have mini duets together in the basement of the Lynch's house. My favorite duet we did together was 'All of the Stars' By Ed Sheeran. We were on the beach together, just the two of us. She had brought her mini keyboard with her and I brought my tambourine and maracas. I still remember that day.

FLASHBACK

Rydel and I were walking down the beach until she shouted, "HERE! Let's sit here!" I let out a silent chuckle at her childish behaviour. "Yes Ratliff, I am still a child so I can still act like a child." After that sentence I burst out laughing.

I laid out our picnic blanket and we both took sat down. Rydel opened up her sparkly pink Hello Kitty backpack and pulled out her mini keyboard. I immediately knew what we were gonna do next. I opened up my backpack with black, white and green stripes and took out my maracas and tambourine. Rydel started playing some chords and I already knew what song she was playing.

END OF FLASHBACK

I had no idea I was crying until I felt the waterfall of tears streaming down my face. I miss Rydel. I miss US BEING TOGETHER. I knew what was going to make my pain go away just a little bit.

I opened up my desk drawer and pulled out a clean razor. I rolled up my pants and I settled the razor gently on my left ankle. I was about to slit my razor across my razor until someone called me.

"RATLIFF! COULD YOU COME DOWN FOR A MINUTE?" I quickly hid my razor and all my used razors in my old black, white and green striped backpack and threw it under my bed. I threw on my old R5 jumper so that my mom couldn't see my cuts on my wrists.

I rushed downstairs to see my mom and a girl. WHAT?! It wasn't just any girl, but Kelly. Kelly Voosen, my ex-girlfriend.

"KELLY?!? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I screamed. My mom lightly slapped my wrists. I cringed a bit because of my cuts. "Ratliff, I flew Kelly from LA here because I need to tell you the real reason why we moved." my mom said. My heart was beating out of my chest. "Ratliff, the reason we moved is because Kelly is pregnant." Kelly said. I was so confused right now. "What does that have to do with me?" Kelly gulped. "Your mom took me to the hospital and we took a DNA test. Your mom took some of your saliva and we used it. It-it matches the baby's DNA."

My eyes almost popped out of my sockets. "WHAT?" Kelly slowly nodded. It matches the baby's DNA. Who knew 5 simple words could make your world collapse? That's what it did to MY world.