Chapter 2

1 week later,

"Ya Allah that's wonderful, Assia!!" Umm Rashida shouted at her phone. Nazaakat came in to the room and sat across her. Her mother was that engrossed in talking that she didn't even notice her daughter was there. She talked for a while and eventually hung up, turning around to see Nazaakat.

"Umi, who were you talking to?"

Umm Rashida stood up to crash Nazaakat in a hug that she could've pushed her down onto the ground. "You won't believe, habibti! My son is at last getting married."

"Alhamdullilah." Nazaakat said with a smile , pulling herself away from her mother. As soon as she understood who her mother was referring to, she frowned.

Your son?! Nazaakat couldn't help but feel jealous that her mother's more excited about her cousin's wedding than hers.

"Why are you telling me about it? It's not like I care." Nazaakat grumbled.

Her mother simply ignored her as she continued with her babble, "you know that girl? Yusuf's sister, Nawar. They both agreed and Assia's so excited about the marriage. They're planning it after yours."

Did he really agree? , Nazaakat nodded not wanting to know more about her mother's 'son'.

Her mother paused and looked at her intently. "Why haven't you dressed up yet, habibti?"

Nazaakat looked down at herself. She was wearing a long-sleeve t-shirt, sweat pants and she didn't have any hijab on as no one was home. She asked, "Why? Is someone coming?"

"Oh yeah! How stupid of me! Before Assia told me the news, your father called and said that Yusuf was coming so that you can talk." Her mother smiled and her heart melted for the nth time.

Oh no, Yusuf! The thought had brought a faint blush in her cheeks within a few seconds and she found herself locked in her room, choosing her outfit; a modest one of course.

***

Sitting on a chair between, Abu Rashida couldn't be anymore of a hindrance to Nazaakat and Yusuf. They found it hard to even talk about a simple thing without feeling awkward.

"Do you want," Yusuf paused for a moment to glance at Abu Rashida and then at Nazaakat, "er, any kids?"

Discussion about kids in front of your father is supposed to be awkward no matter how friendly you both may be. Nazaakat lowered her gaze and blushed, agitated at the same time for doing so. She couldn't help the redness of her cheeks spread throughout her face and all she did was give a nod. Of course why wouldn't a person want a child? Whether it's after 2 years or 10 years, everyone would be pleased to have a child.

"How.." Yusuf tried to continue his leftover question but was cut off by Abu Rashida's coughs.

Nazaakat knew it quite well what her future-husband wanted to ask her about and she was ready to answer. 2-3 ,she thought inside her head. Abu Rashida's coughs weren't any coincidence either and she also understood that the question that was supposed to be asked wasn't the one you ask in front of your father-in-law and rather, after marriage.

Abu Rashida stood up without any warning and coughed a few times more, not wanting to show that they were fake. Yusuf and Nazaakat stood up as well. "So Yusuf Habibi, you must leave now," That sounded so rude, "I mean we must leave now for the As'r Prayer in the masjid."