Finding out who she was {Munro}

You know that feeling of Deja Vu when you feel like you've done nothing wrong and yet you've made someone mad? Well, congrats. The feeling's mutual right now.

I basically saved the girl yet somehow made her upset. But then again, the girl left a permanent image in my head. The way her hair fell past her face, made me instinctly want to reach for it and tuck it behind her ears but I refrained from it in order to be saved from the label of a pedophile.

I walked to class, fixing my beanie but then taking it off at the last second, deciding to run a hand through my hair and leaving it. I picked an empty table by the back of the class and placed my arms behind my head, preparing to sleep- yes, sleep- when someone shuffled in next to me. I peered and saw a girl. Blonde hair, brown eyes. She looked familiar. I caught sight of her notebook when her name caught my attention.

Riley.

She was the girl who I had chatted with last night.

"Riley right?"

She glanced at me, giving me a smile, as though she knew I was there.

"Hi Munro"

She didn't fire a witty remark like I thought she would but I brushed it off. Some people were more shy when you meet them in person.

"So, you got any plans this weekend?"

I got right to the point. I liked having conversations with Riley. She kept me on my toes, not knowing what to expect next.

"No" she giggled.

I opened my mouth to speak but got interrupted when another figure brushed by, quickly occupying the seat ahead of Riley.

"Sorry Riles, Mrs.Byden kept me after class to do something with her. Did I miss anything?"

Riley cocked her head in my direction as the brunette turned her head towards my direction. It was the girl who bumped into me early and left like I was a burden.

"Mia. Munro" Riley introduced us.

Mia's eyes narrowed as she looked at me. Why did I get the feeling that she didn't like me so much?

"We've met" I said, keeping my eyes on Mia, "I saved her life after all,"

Perhaps, adding that wasn't my best plan. Mia's eyes narrowed into slits as she spat "Yeah, so much for saving me. All you managed to do was catch me."

Riley was shocked, "Catch you?"

Mia threw an apologetic glance towards her friend as she huffed in annoyance and turned around. 

I shrugged. The feeling was mutual. 

"Riley," I said, directing my attention back to the girl beside me, "I'll pick you up at 7 on Friday. Let's go ice skating." 

With that said, I turned around and tapped my pencil on the paper repeatedly. It was like my thinking process, annoying to some but something to keep me occupied. This process continued on several times before Mia snapped back and grabbed the pencil from my hands. 

"Has anyone ever told you that you can be quite annoying?" Mia fired. 

I gave her a sly smile just for her, brushing my hand through my hair in the process. 

"Has anyone ever told you that you can be quite suffocating?" 

We glared at each other for a few seconds before Riley cut in and ripped the pencil from Mia's hands. 

"Here ya go Munro. I hope you don't mind my delightful friend here. Things tend to bother her more so than others." 

I smirked, glancing back at the board before anyone noticed.