Messages From The Wrong Girl

A/N: Hey guys! I just want to say a quick thank you for clicking on the "start reading" button and giving this story a chance! I am new to this site and therefore this is my first wattpad story. If anyone would like to send me a story cover or banner, I would gladly appreciate it and would be happy to give you a shout out! Vote and comment please!

~ * ~

"Yo! Ernie go long!"

The rider skidded through the hallway on his skateboard, gracefully sending the football through the air while sliding down the stair handle

Riley stood beside me, mouth a gape in awe. I smirked and elbowed her.

"Close your mouth Riley, you're going to catch flies" I teased.

"Tell me you're not impressed" Riley pressured, the sentence sounding like a question rather than statement.

Riley was just one of those girls who could get anything she wanted if she asked for it.

Her eyes fixated on Munro Bradley, watching as his pals clapped him on the back.

~ * ~

"Come on Mia, just help me this one time."

I sighed heavily, pointing out my exasperation.

"For the last time Riley, I said I would help you make an account."

I eyed her suspiciously, knowing that her constant persistency was not because of her undying love of IM websites.

"Great then," she answered, "see you at 7 then."

She hopped down the hallway, an extra sprang noticeable.

Something was up and I had the feeling I was going to pay for it.

~*~

"Okay, now all you have to do is click agree and we're all good."

She looked anxious, gesturing for me to click agree.

"So tell me why you have to be so secretive about this?"

She sighed hesitantly looking around, as if unsure if she should say anything.

"My mom's always been the strict type. No going out until you're 18 or making a social account until you're in college."

I nodded and furrowed my eyebrows, surprised that she never let slip of that piece of information until now.

"So you want me to make an account for you and create it under your name, in which your mom could easily find you on" I summed up, letting exasperation take over my voice.

Riley put a loose strand of hair behind her ear like she did whenever she didn't feel like talking anymore.

"Well, if my mom ever finds out, I'll just tell her that you made an account for me because you felt bad and she'll forgive you because you're a goody goody."

I smacked her arm and we laughed.

"Well you need a profile picture" I stated, looking through her thousands of pictures. My profile was of the time we went to the mall together. We were both playing around, trying on sunglasses and different types of dresses. Just having the time of our lives, laughing all day.

"Um, this one" she said, pointing to a picture of her standing confidently in front of the Statue Of Liberty. Her blonde hair was pulled into a fashionable ponytail while she matched her casual dress with flats.

I'd always believed her to be the pretty one in the group. I was a brunette with plain brown eyes who'd always get nervous around people until recently now. Riley always spoke up, talking to but never actually hanging out with the A-list crowd.

"Um," she started, "do you think you can check out Munro on here?"

Red cascaded her cheeks as she blushed at the question. She must've been into him if the thought made her embarrassed.

Riley was usually the chill type, a great flirt most of the time.

"Wow, you must really like him" I teased as I typed in his username.

She looked at his profile and read his bio.

A single quote was shown: "We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin."

"That's pretty deep" I muttered.

Riley nodded and gestured me to the screen. "Type something" she ushered.

"What! Why me?!"

The fact that I don't get nervous around him doesn't mean I know how to talk to him or any guy specifically. I looked back at his profile picture pic of him and his family. He was smiling like he was having fun. I definitely could not talk to this one.

Riley pressed and pressed until I finally gave in.

"Hey, love the bio quote by the way" I said aloud as I was typing.

"This is never going to work" I said continuously, babbling on and on.

Finally in the gist of my computer, a single beep was heard.

And on the computer screen was a single message with the word "Thx."