Chapter 9

The sound of bullets ricocheting filled the room and Jake's cussing made my migrane that much worse. I reached up and rubbed my temples. Jake turned to me and uppon reaizing that I was in pain, turned off the video game and grabbed me in a hug. "I'm gonna go get something to eat, do you want anything?" Jake asked, looking genuinly concerned. "Some Ibprofen and a coke." I replied. "Ok, I'll be right back." He got up and walked out of the room leaving the door open behind him. I leaned back on the footboard of his bed, turning my cell phone on. I checked my texts: nothing new. I still couldn't figure out why I had woken up in Jake's room, I had figured out that it was at least May because it was before Doomsday but after we had started dating. Unfortunitly Jake didn't have a calender in his room, but my phone did. I gasped when I saw the date: June 9 2013, the day before Doomsday. Why was I back in June? What happend to the basement Luca and I were slowly dying in? Was I dead? Was that why I was here? Maybe I was in heaven. Jake coming back into his room disrupted my thinking. He was carrying a plate of nachos, and a coke. He sat the coke on the floor and sat down next to me, handing me two Ibprofen. I took a drink of the coke and swallowed the meds before eating a chip. Jake grabbed the tv remote and turned the T.V on flipping through channels before choosing That 70's Show. We sat on his bedroom floor watching T.V and eating nachos until 2:00 the next moring. I thought about Luca and realized that I'd only met him once at this point in time. He had no idea that we'd end up falling in love with each other. What if i was stuck here forever and messed it up this time? What if Luca and I don't fall in love? Then what? I was about to cry and quickly stopped thinking about Luca. I looked over at Jake but he was already looking at me. He leaned in and kissed me. It was more amazing than I expected it to be and I couldn't stop kissing him back, did this count as cheating? I mean Luca and I weren't dating yet but still. I wanted to pull away but I couldn't. He was so irresistible. Jake pulled away and I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me. I fely guilty but at the same time I felt completly in love with Jake.