chapter 1

A young woman awoke to her jumbled room, a small crease in her blinds alerting her to the warm, bright morning. She heaved herself out of bed, to reveal several dark bruises, scratches and a bandage around her forearm.

Dam Dragons.

Though they were far less majestic and formal than the ones in the fairy tales, they were far more powerful. Venom from one of them meant you were a member of the pack, and their colorful poison would change your blood and your skin would go gunky, if, of course, you weren’t eaten first.

As she walked over to the window she opened it with one enormous fling, extremely dramatically as to open up the bright and bustling compound. Her appointed house over looked one of the smaller markets. Traders were setting up their stalls and the bargain hunters had arrived early as always to get the best produce and prices. She smiled.

 She loved this house; it was her most favorite house ever.eve though it was more of an apartment , the upper floor was made of one of one big room. this room housed her study and bedrrom. where as the botten lyer had the kitchen, lounge and dinning room. So warm and cozy, wood and warm colors filled it. She was appointed it for their work for the compound. Scarlet was the junior leading officer. She was appointed it by the age of 17 and a half, for how she led others to a safe point when the outbreak began, as well for her humility. After a month her group and 4 others joined together to create the compound. It was all very organized.

 Scarlet Claw shuffled around her room. Warm colours covered the room; in the center was a soft queen-sized bed. A dark wooden desk was next to the window, with large boxes piled around it. Fabrics were rolled around the table with an older sewing machine mid-sew. The rest of the walls in the room were covered with bookshelves, some filled and some empty. Shelves were scatted around with ornaments of diagrams of creatures and bottles of strange clear liquids. She stumbled into her bathroom and got dressed she them walked down into her home’s kitchen. She passed a large portrait of her family. All still alive and well, her brother, mother and father lived on west out skits. Where things were quieter and food was nicer. She walked into the kitchen, already filled with mouth-watering smells. Ola, her help was cooking kitchen. Ola was nice, and was one of the few people that would actually take the time to listen to Scarlet’s philosophies.  

Despite the fact that the world had gone to ruins, everything inside the compounds was still (to some extent) intact. Technology was present and used a lot more, and more produce was farmed with in borders. Scarlet’s compound was a trading hub, and the guardians were planning on building a farming compound. Some were based around factories, others defense and some science. Trading routs were one of the most sufficient way to get around the wilderness, but by boat or tunnel you always had to watch your back against the dragons.

This was the world she was living in, and she had to either fall into the clutches of the dragons and become a super beast and leave everything behind or adapt to this new, crazy world.