chapter 1

I looked up at the building, it was so cold. I was wearing a grey shirt that says love on it, I had black skinny jeans on. and grey converse. My hair was curly and light brown,(her hair this side>>>) I warapped my hands around my small body. Just to let you know im short for my age. We were in line, I was getting close to the entrance. My brother, martin, saw me shivering . he took off his black jacket and threw it at my face. I was taken a back.

"whata?" I said in haling his colone wich always smelled good. I took it off my face.

"really?" I asked he smirked. I fixed my hair that was messed up. My mom stared at the body guards that were watching people.

"mija are you sure about this?" she asked I looked at her, her Spanish accent coming into view. My mom was scared that if she came, the migra will take her. Or in other words , back to mexico. I nodded and hugged her.

"its okay mami....no te van a llevar" I said ("they aren't going to take you" ) she looked at me and smiled. Dad patted my back.

"we are almost to the door might wanna get ready" he said I nodded. I pulled on the jacket martin let me borrow. So you might be asking were I might be standing right now. Well, im about to audition for the voice. Iam steps away from my future. I take a long deep breath, I walk towards the big muscled guy, he smiled and waved to me where I was supposed to go. Me and my family walked up to a woman with brown hair in a bun her eyes had a black and grey eyes shadow on them. I smiled and walked towards her.

"hello there" she said really polite.

"hey" I said

"okay so your name is?" she asked

"zoey Martinez" I answered. She nodded sitting at a round table, she grabbed a paper and wrote my name. a camera man came in and stood infront of me.

"okay zoey, we are about to start filming...try not to look at the camera..okay?" she said I nodded. The man put the big black camera on his shoulder.

"okay hey there...so whats your name?" she asked again.

"zoey Martinez" I said

"how old are you?"

"I am 23" I said, yes im 23 im old.

"wow you are young....so what brought you here?" she asked

"well I love to sing I have a passion to it..i have done it for years" I said she nodded smiling.

"so are your friends supporting you in your decision?" she asked I bit my lip.

"I don't know, they couldt be here cause of personal problems." I said she smiled

"well I have a surprise for you" she said I tensed in my seat. She grabbed her tablet and played a video.

"heeeyyyyyyy......my lil potato.....we love you we are going to be here supporting your crazy ass over there.....echale ganas pendeja...don't let anyone bring you down....we love you zoe and I hope you win you are the best" said my best friend, maria. I brought both my hands to my mouth and gasped I looked at the video all my friends were there.

"heyy crazy cheaks....we miss you we love you and you better win this....you know I love you and that I support you in anything. Show them what your made off....show them that beautiful voice of yours." Said my guy best friend trevor. I smiled, but still kept my hands over my mouth. Then came in my grandma.

"hola mija....como estas....mira ensenales que tu eres la major I que tu seguiras siendo...te amamos I te digo una cosa my nena Hermosa, nunca te des por vencida." She said ("hey baby girl, how are you look show them that you are the best and will keep being the best....we love you and let me tell you one thing my beautiful baby, never give up.") I looked at the woman she smiled at me, a tear fell down my cheak. My mom wiped it away.