Chapter 3 •Friendship•

I traced the stars with my fingers and pointed out shapes I could make, Dylan explained them and I soaked in the information. Soon Avalon's mom's car pulled into the parking lot. We all loaded into the car and Dylan decided to sit between Ivy and I. On the ride I noticed Ivy nervously bite her lip and fiddle with her fingers. Probably because of Dylan. I didn't know why but I felt a tingly feeling around Avalon and Dylan. I didn't know why.
I really didn't know why. At all.

The car pulled up into their house's driveway. I hopped out of the car and followed Avalon into the house.
"Who's taking a shower first?!" Avalon called.

Ivy shouted, "DIBS, I CALL MAJOR FRICKIN' DIBS!!"

"I'll go last." I said.

Everyone figured out what the were gonna do and who was gonna do it. Ivy scrambled up the stairs like a maniac.

After awhile of waiting Avalon let me borrow some of her pjs and I headed to the bathroom. Halfway there I slipped on a puddle in front of Dylan's door. Inches away from the floor I levitated. I could almost feel the floor on my nose. Suddenly Dylan's door opened and I dropped all the way to the floor.

"Atlas you alright?" He asked as he helped me up.

"Fine. It is appreciated."

"Right.. So the bathroom's there.. I'm guessing you knew that though."

I smiled a little.  He looked embarrassed. I patted his arm and walked towards the bathroom.

I walked in. A bit unfamiliar with the humanoid bathrooms I set down the clothes on the counter. I then walked to the large almost bucket like object. Above it on the wall a large silver drumstick shaped thing. I turned a handle all the way. Suddenly water started gushing out from the silver drumstick! A bit shocked I had jumped back. I felt the water. It was soothing, perfectly warm. Then I hopped in the bucket like object. Then suddenly it got hotter, it started burning as if I was setting fire! I quickly jumped out but not without letting out an earsplitting shriek. Avalon knocked on the door in a matter of seconds.

"ATLAS!! Are you okay?!!??"

"I..I'm fine"

"Here wait, put on a towel and I'll come help you."

I did as she said and opened the door. She walked up and touched the water.

"OUCH!! Atlas, no wonder! You turned the handle all the way."

I watched as she took the peculiar handle and turned it the other way. She then ushered me close so I could touch the water. It was somehow cooler!

"What is this witchcraft..."

"Hahaha, Atlas you're so silly, when you're out we can do fun stuff with everyone, sound cool?"

I nodded and she left. Then I climbed into the bucket.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Finally in the sleepwear I walked out of the bathroom. It had short flowy bottoms and the top had no sleeves. I walked into Avalon's room and sat down. Everyone had pillows and blankets. I picked one up. I never had a pillow before but I always heard about them. They were so soft and squishy. I hugged the pillow and seemed to make me feel fluffy inside. Avalon came back in the room with a plate of cookies.

"Okay y'all what're we gonna do today?"

"Tonight." Jeniveve corrected

"Whatever Jeniveve."

She now had glasses on and pulled them down. She looked at Avalon seriously and then smiled and wiggled her eyebrows. We all giggled.

"But you know I was right, Avalon" She teased.