Chapter One : My Family

A house too small for a family of six.

A father; hard-working and stern, with his face always buried deep in a newspaper—his shirt stained with spilt coffee.

A mother; kind and comforting, with her hands crammed into the soapy water in the sink—fondling dirtied dishes, bowls and cups.

An older brother; diligent and rude, with his muddy boots tracking footprints around the house and his oversized toolbox clogging the kitchen table.

An older sister; lazy and mean, with her headphones shoved impossibly far into her ears and her breasts overflowing from her too-small and too-tight tops.

A younger brother; loud and playful, with his hands stained from finger-paints and his bare-feet painted green and brown from the muddy lawn.

A younger sister; too small to cause trouble, with her tiny hands balled into fists—clutching her bedsheet tightly to scare away the monsters hiding underneath her cot.

Elliot; in the middle of it all.

I am skinny.

I am pale.

I am sick.

I'm the only one who got left behind.

A/N: I rarely leave author's notes, but this is important.
I intend for this novel to continue, but updates may be infrequent, as I have school work and such.
Note: This story will not all be in this type-setting. It'll get better. Promise :-)