Swallowed by The Ocean

It was a early winter morning, the sun barely rising shinning the place. As Feliciano and Ludwig are outside.

The German sat on the stairs affront of his house, having a hot coffee in his hands. A nice warm green jacket on him, with a black mittens. He also had a scarf that his friend Kiku made him.

Ludwig's eyes trailed at his best friend, Feliciano. He always thought, he was lazy and annoying, sometimes useless. But he knew Feliciano wasn't entirely like that. He knew he had much more unique stuff in his best friend. He did help him learn and get comfortable with having a friend and not being so alone all the time. Though, he never gave him the credit, for the good things he done.

The small Italian hummed happily as he broke branches from tress and collecting them. He had a long dark blue jacket on, red gloves, and a light blue ear muffs. Also a comfy scarf that Kiku made for him. He felt slightly tired and weak from the floods on his land last week. Though he didn't mind as much as he needed to tell his best friend something he been keeping for a while. He finally told everyone else but him. He was scared to.

Feliciano took a deep breath and collected all the broken branches and walked over to Germany with a wide nervous smile. "Ludwig, Ludwig, look! I collected the branches incase we get cold! We could burn them in the fire place!"

Ludwig looked up at Feliciano, and did a small nod. "I see, good, uh, job. We'll burn them once when we get inside." 

Feliciano smiled and sat next to Ludwig. He took a deep breath. "Hey, Ludwig, I need to tell you something.." He gently put the branches on his lap. He gulped, pressing his fingers together.

Ludwig raised a eyebrow curiously at the Italian. This was one of the few rare times Feliciano been like this. "Yes, what is it..?" His voice held concern.

Feliciano closed his eyes tightly before opining them and glancing at Ludwig. "My land is sinking. I've been getting too many flood. The ocean is going to swallow it soon. Everyone says it, and the scientists already proved it. I'll be gone soon..I'm so sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I thought you already knew a while back.." His voice trailed with sadness looking down at the branches.

The German was speechless. He didn't know how to respond to that. He didn't know how exactly he felt. Angry, sadden, surprise. His first friend he ever made. The one who stuck by him happy for hundreds of years, and never made him lonely, is now going to disappear. He looked down at his coffee his reflection showing the sadness over whelming him.

For a couple of minutes both of them were silent until Ludwig spoke. "You thought I knew..?"

Feliciano looked up at him, "Sì, I mean..I thought you watched the news. Until I asked you.." His voice got silent by the last word.

"Oh.." Ludwig  took a deep breath and put the coffee down. He held his head in his hands. 'What am I suppose to do?  Why am I feeling like this?' He thought closing his eyes. "I've treated you like crap.." He couldn't help but blame himself for not knowing. For treating him badly a bit.

He heard a small sob next to him. The blond turned around to see the Italian starting to cry.

"I'm so sorry Ludwig! I never want to leave you! I-I tried everything, nothing works." He sobbed covering his face with his hands, his curl fell down slightly. The winter smoke going through his fingers.

Ludwig's eyes soften as he gently grabbed his best friend and pulled him into a close hug. Feliciano kept sobbing and hugged Ludwig back.

Ludwig glanced down at feliciano frowning deeply. He never thought, that he would lose his friend all of a sudden, so quickly. It'll destroy him once Feliciano's gone. All he could do now, is just try to spend more time with the little Italian.