Alone

"The night is lonely"
- A.D.
The good less but the evil more. The sadness more the happiness less. The loneliness more...
I sat there on the rock facing the river ahead of me. The wet grass and the freshness of the trees around me. I closed my eyes but my irises wandered to and fro. I concentrated, with my hand on my pulse I felt scared. Living, I thought to myself. It's hilarious really, how much a person can do in this world. A single person with a big name could change the world. But a person who is a nobody could only do wonders in their own world.
As I say there on that rock, I took in a deep breath and felt the wind whip in my hair. This what I've wanted to do my entire life. Talk to the moon.
The fire rose higher in the dark. It started with the small flicker like candlelight but now it grew, it became big so that the night looked like day and the moon scared, ran for cover and hid.
I'm the fire. I'll rise, I'll rise to what I believe. I'll rise and fly the birds of my imagination.
I'll change the world, I'll change my own world. I'll be my own sun. I've been the queen of my kingdom till now, I won't give up my crown that easily. And when the moon comes back to cover me and end my day yet again, I'll fight, till my fire dies down. I'll fight till my light is out and I have nothing left.
I'm living not for you but for me. To prove to myself, it's worth. To believe, What I've done was worth doing.
I'll be the colours a blind man wants to see. I'll be the words, the deaf want to hear. I'll be the heart everyone doesn't have. They think they know, they don't know how wrong they are. They know not what they ask for and what they get.
They say they're right, how can they be right if only the crooked hearts understand they're words.
My eyelids open, startled. I feel my pulse quicken. A cloth bag over my head being dragged away.
Moon, you can shine but I'll rule over you. One day. When the time is right. I'll change the night. Then I'll crush you beneath the soles of my shoes, you'll never be lonely again.