Chapter 5

“Mindy, the only one to get a full score,” the teacher Mrs Cam said smiling proudly.

People rolled their eyes knowing this would happen. It always did. I am extremely smart because as soon as I could talk I started learning.

“We are going to start a new project that you will be doing in partners,” Mrs Cam said. Everyone mumbled happily and started looking around for partners. Usually people want to be with me so I will do all the work for them but I always do projects by myself. “I will pick your partners!” Mrs C said.

Mrs C started naming names and I sat back in my seat thinking I wouldn’t get a partner.

“Mindy and Aaron!” she called.

Wait! What?

Aaron’s POV

I walked into Science class with three things in my head.

Mindy, Ice and the murder scene from last night.

I knew Ice is a heartless women but I didn’t know we were going somewhere like that. She didn’t show any type of disgusted expression.

We walked up to the door of the man’s apartment.

“Doesn’t look like there was a break and enter,” Ice mumbled to herself. She pulled out a bobby pin from her hair and expertly picked the lock before turning to me. “If you are going to throw up I want you out of my sight and to never see you again,” she hissed placing her hand on the door handle.

I nodded not exactly understanding what she meant. But I knew exactly what she was talking about when she pushed the door open.

The room was completely trashed and blood was everywhere.

“Damn this used to be a nice apartment,” she said shaking her head and pulling out a small camera and snapping some shots of the room around us.

My eyes were wide. I never thought this actually happened in real life.

“People need to make tidier murders,” she grumbled. “Close the door you idiot!” she suddenly hissed. I quickly done as she asked and locked it as well. When I turned back she was walking towards another door kicking bloody things out of the way.

I followed her into the room and almost gagged when I saw what was in the room.

In the bathtub full of blood was a half-naked man who was battered, bruised and cut up.

“What a shame he was a useful man,” she chuckled. I stared at the girl in shock. Did she find this amusing?

“Mindy and Aaron!” the teacher said. I sat up in shock.

“What I didn’t do anything!” I said panicking. Everyone turned and looked at me in amusement. I saw Mindy holding in her laughter.

“Aaron were you even listening?” teacher scolded. I frowned and didn’t say anything. “You and Mindy are doing a project together,” she said.

“Wait! What?” I said allowed. Oops I wasn’t meant to say that.

I sat beside Mindy while she was writing something in her book.

Suddenly a girl came and sat beside Mindy. She was blonde and beautiful but not as beautiful and Mindy or Ice. Scarlett seemed to wear a lot of makeup on her face a neck as well.

Where did that come from?

“Hey Scarlett,” Mindy smiled.

“Hey girl how was it last night?” Scarlett asked looking at me out of the corner of her eye.

“It was okay, a lot of work though,” Mindy replied making me frown. It seemed like Mindy knew a lot more than I thought she did.

I walked down the hallway towards the bathroom.

“He didn’t throw up?” I heard someone say. I paused and peeked around the corner to see Mindy and Scarlett talking.

“Nope I’m not even sure if he gagged,” Mindy giggled.

“Wow if I saw all that I would have thrown up,” Scarlett said shaking her head.

“Well your lucky you have different skills aren’t you,” Mindy said.

“Did you tell M and Logan?” Scarlett asked.

“Nah M knows something happened but he’s not sure. I have to be a damn baby sitter tonight as well,” She huffed.

“M is lucky you take your work seriously.”

“M wouldn’t be around if I didn’t take my job seriously,” Mindy replied. “Come on we got to go to class,” She said grabbing Scarlett’s hand and dragging her away from me.

What is a girl like Mindy doing with a girl like Scarlett?

They are complete different ends of the social ladder but they seem to get along fine.

Lunch seemed to be even weirder.

Everyone apart from Logan and Mindy were talking about some sort of hit that the gang was going to make in the near future and talking about Ice. They didn’t seem to be keeping anything quiet from Mindy and Logan.

But those two seemed to be in their own little world whispering to each other about something, Logan looked worried and Mindy had a blank expression on her face.

“Hey Mindy!” Oliver asked.

“Yeah?” she replied sounding like her mind was somewhere else.

“Where is Cassidy? Shouldn’t you be hanging out with her and let us big boys talk about big boy stuff?” Oliver teased. Everyone apart from me and Logan seemed to tease Mindy about being the only girl in the group and usually she didn’t seem to take kindly too it but she hid it pretty well.

She glared at the laughing boys and stood up walking out of the cafeteria.

“Hey Logan!” Jarrod suddenly asked.

“NO!” Logan quickly replied. I’m not sure who they are trying to get Logan to set them up with but Logan doesn’t seem to be happy about them asking.

There is something about Logan and Mindy and I intend to find out.