Chapter Three: Make friends with an annoying stranger. Challenge Accepted.

Chapter Three

Dedicated to ImNotHer! :3

***

“Wait. What?” I asked again.

As he sat back down, I saw another pang of sadness hit his eyes. Then he looked out the window.

While looking at Damian, I felt kind of sad too.

I’ve never seen someone this sad since my father filed a divorce file on my mother 2 years ago. Dad back then looked really devastated. And from then on, I started to hate seeing someone looking like that.

Damian looked sadder than ever.

He’s never looked this sad. I mean, he always look sad. But not like this where his sadness could haunt me until my sleep because I know that I have something to do with it.

It’s not like I’m telling you guys that Damian felt kind of guilty with what he just said to me. But… it doesn’t hurt to try thinking about it.

Slowly, I walked back to his direction. I can still feel everybody in the Diner still staring at everything that is happening between me and Damian.

 I didn’t mind. They are just old people who enjoy seeing youngsters argue so they can give their “Back in our time…” speech. Oh well. At least I’m entertaining them.

I sat in front of Damian.

He looked at me with wide eyes.

I put my elbows on the table, my chin on the back of my hands. “You looked pretty surprise.”

He just stared at me.

“I thought you want me to stay?”

A little half-smile crossed his face.

This time, I felt really happy.

I smiled back at him, “There you go Big Boy.”

He didn’t say anything. He just keeps looking at me.

And it feels awkward.

Really awkward.

I was about to pull out my phone to read my contacts list again. But sadly, I forgot it in the store; which is now closed earlier than it should be, because of this guy in front of me.

I stared back at him.

And it’s the most awkward three minutes of my existence.

Twenty-four hours ago, he’s just an annoying, mysterious, and a good looking customer for me. But now, he’s Damian Louis S. Cloud. 18 years old. Nobody wants to listen to everything he says.

I cleared my throat, erasing all the awkwardness between the two of us.

I realized that this is not going anywhere without me, my most awkward self, to start a conversation. “So you’re 18.” I blurted out.

Wow. Wendy. Nice try. Now you sounded like a guidance councilor.

He nodded.

Yo-kayyy. I think I asked the wrong question.

I need to ask something that doesn’t include nodding or shaking the head when answered. “Uh… what high school do you go to? I never see you in mine.”

“I was in college.” He finally answered.

Great, now where going somewhere.

Was?” I asked to make the conversation longer.