Chapter Fourteen: A night to remember

I stared at the big red gummy bear in front of me. A little smile crossed my face as I looked up and saw Damian standing at the top bleachers.

He slowly walked down the stairs, his hands in his pockets.

So this was his plan. He enrolled himself at my school so that he could attend prom and ask me to be his date. Who says money can’t buy love? But on the other way around, I was kinda’ touched about this. I don’t know. I guess nobody has ever done this to me before.

Next thing I knew, he was standing so close to me that I need to catch my breath to the perfection just inches away from my face.

I can’t stop myself from smiling, “Hi. Breaking news: I’m going to prom with a big red gummy bear.”

He chuckled, “Really?”

“Yep,” I popped my lips to the sound of P.

“Really,” he said again, this time holding up my chin, and kissing me slowly at my neck then at the cheeks and finally at my lips.

I kissed back gently, feeling this wonderful moment.

Damian’s the first one to let go to get the end of the string from the gummy bear and kicking it down the field. “Hey. I’ve got breaking news too.”

“What?” I giggled. I’m pretty sure that he’s trying to dig up his sense of humor right now.

“I just kicked your prom date’s ass,” he’s forcing himself not to laugh. “So, uh… I was just thinking…” he faked a shy look which I found really cute and hot at the same time. “Would you like to go to the prom with me?”

I also faked a look, this time, an ‘oh-wait-let-me-see-my-list-of-fictional-boys-who-already-asked-me-to-prom’ look. Then I put my arms around his waist, “Of course, you idiot.”

“Hey,” I greeted Michael as he was posting his prom posters on the bulletin board at the hallway.

“Hellooooo,” he greeted back, looking at me then at Damian whose busy reading To

Kill a Mocking Bird beside me. He looked back at me, “Can you just explain why does your boyfriend reading a book we need for our book report? Don’t tell me he also needs grades for college applications.”

“It’s my favorite book,” Damian answered half-heartedly, his eyes still focused at the book.

“Of course it is,” Mike rolled his eyes.

“Anyway,” I got in, looking at the pink paper with his face and the words: MICHAEL GREEN FOR PROM QUEEN written with a font that has glitters and sparkly stuffs on it. “How’s your campaign doing?”

“Oh, it’s fabulous,” Mike exclaimed. “I just posted 15 posters over Courtney’s campaign posters and it feels really good.”

“Ok. I support you on this whole Prom Queen thing,” I told him, trying to be honest. “But you don’t have to be this… I don’t know… uh… mean?”

I saw Damian put his book at his bag pack and walking in front of Courtney’s poster posted beside the comfort room’s door. “She’s ugly,” he commented shortly.

“Thank you Mr. Cloud,” Mike beamed at him, and then he turned back his head at my direction. “Looks like I’m going to have a new best friend,” he told me sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, “Look, I’m not killing your vibe okay? Just don’t be a terrible bitch to another terrible bitch or something.”

Mike laughed putting his arm around me almost choking me with his grip, “You make the weirdest advice bitch.”