Chapter 2 : "MOUSEY!"

A l l i

Today's the day. We finally get to meet some of our favorite viners and I couldn't be anymore excited. My alarm went off at 9:30 am because the event lasted from 12 pm to around 11 pm. Surprisingly, my parents were fine with me being out that late but it was probably because Viv was our "chaperone."

"Rise and shine, Court! Today is the day our lives are gonna change!" I shouted as I bounced out of bed. Court groaned and pulled the pillow over her head. "Shut it, mousey." I laughed as she used my nickname from elementary.

Flashback

It was the first day of 2nd grade and I was new to town. I wasn't exactly the most sociable person, so I just kept to myself in the corner, that is until one day at recess a ball was hurled at me and I fell over. When i got up, I noticed everyone staring at me expectantly and that's when it came out. My squeak like giggle erupted and everyone began to laugh at me.

I was humiliated and was about to grab my things and run when a girl about my age came up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"You have a funny laugh, it reminds me of a mouse!" She said and giggled as I joined in."I'm Courtney what's your name, mousey?" I smiled.

"I'm Alli." "Nice to meet you, Alli. Do you want to be my friend?" She asked smiling wide. I nodded and she then dragged me to the swings. 

End of flashback

"MOUSEY! I remember when you called me that for an entire year and almost had my teachers call me that!" I said as I laughed remembering the teachers' reaction when she told them my name was Mousey.

Court rolled over on her back and laughed. "Me too! You would yell at me because I told them that!" She said as she began to get up.

I giggled and I was running around my room looking for the clothes I chose last night. I swore I put them on my dresser but it wasn't there. I began to search the drawers but still nothing.

"Looking for this?" Court said pointing to the neatly folded pile of clothes on top of my pile of clothes I threw on the floor.

"What would I do without you, Court?" I said as I rushed over to grab my clothes. Court giggled, "I wonder that everyday,"

Court left to get ready while I waited for her to finish up. I felt jumpy and jittery. What if I make a fool of myself? I'd cry. What if I--

"Do you have extra hair ties?" Court asked as she ran out of the bathroom in her outfit for today. She had on a black crop top and white pom pom shorts with her bellybutton piercing in.

"They should be in the drawer next to the sink," I said and pointed. She turned to see and went to find them. I decided i should probably start getting ready. I went into my closet to change into my white crop top and my floral flowy shorts. When i finished I joined Court in the bathroom to do my hair.

I curled my hair then put some of it into a messy braid while court put her hair into a ponytail with a couple of small braids in it. We did a little but of natural make up and then started to pack a bag of things we might need later.

Soon enough we were all ready to go. Carter called for us downstairs saying "We're leaving in 10, be down in the car or you're stuck here for the day!" We hurried to the car and jumped in. It was gonna take about an hour and a half to get to the meeting place.

We all took turns playing our music until we finally got there at 11:30 am. When we got out of the car, we saw a very empty parking lot with only about 4 cars. We were at a fair that was reserved for this meet and greet from 11:30 am to midnight.  We all exited the car and began to walk towards the entrance.

Here goes nothing...