Chapter 1: The Transfer Student

"I bother to raise you and you give me this?! Just...how dumb can you be?!" my aunt threw the crumpled paper across the floor. She grudgingly opened the door and went out then slammed the door behind her. "You good-for-nothing-ugh!" I heard the last of her anger.

Well, I'm sorry for having my parents die...

My knees fell to the floor. I covered my face with my hands and cried.

Why, why? Why is this happening to me?

Well, this is my daily life. No matter what I'm do, I'm just plain stupid. Let's just say...no matter how much I study...I'm still hopeless. My body is such a lame thing too. I'm too petite, too weak to even at least not be last in the school race. Everything I had are my parents.

 They died last year in a car accident. I managed to survive somehow, but they were dead on arrival. I wanted to go with them; to just have died that day. I bet they're watching me now, perhaps. I sighed as I slumped myself on my small bed. I covered my face with my hands and cried until eventually, I fell asleep.

 "Hadley! Hadley! Come on Hadley don't be such a lazy butt!" I quickly stood up. I know my aunt when she's in a bad mood. And there's this certified fact that she's always in a bad mood. If she's in a good mood it would be once in a blue moon or...you're a filthy rich fake friend of hers. "I'm ready for school!"

 I grabbed my breakfast which is a single sandwich and hurried for the door. I just want to get away from my aunt before she kills me. I bent my knees and held my chest, catching my breath. I now picked up my own pace and walked down the road. I wonder why she's always grumpy like that.

"Where the hell is that school?!" I heard someone. I was too busy thinking about how I'd do in school today that I had no time paying attention to that. Wrong move, Hadley. If there's one thing I hate, it's my aunt---other than that, I'm an anti-social. I always tremble when I talk with others and...if there's one thing I learned, people are not always nice as you think they are.

 I bumped into a person. "Aaah! I'm sorry, I'm really sorry I-" I stopped to look at who I bumped into. Whoever this is, he looks like a god. I mean, attractive people here in an isolated area are...rare. "No, it's, um, okay."

 "I really am sorry," I hurried and ran away. Oh God, Oh God, Oh God...That was so embarrassing...I stopped when I realized I was going the wrong way. When I turned around, I saw the person I bumped into in front of me. It looks like he followed me...

 "U-Um...don't get the wrong idea...I was, uh, sort of lost and we had the same uniforms so I followed you hoping that you'd lead me to the school," he scratched his head. Why did he have to do that. "Is that so? T-Then why didn't you just ask me?" I showed the most friendliest smile I had to offer.

 I walked to his front and motioned for him to follow me. I lead him to the school. "You're a transfer student, correct?"

He nodded in approval and that was the last of our conversation until we reached the school. "Bye," he mumbled when we had to part ways. Wrong.

 "We're in the same class?" he realized as we stopped right in front of Class D's classroom. Was he annoyed that we were in the same class? "Great!" I was surprised that someone actually felt grateful for having the same class as me. Too much flattery in one day (sigh, even though it was just one).

 I sat on my usual seat which is the farthest corner of the classroom. I just love being isolated so I couldn't hear people who are snickering at me. Home doesn't really feel like home, and school isn't such a good sight either.

 As expected, the transfer student was introduced once the homeroom teacher came in. "Carter, introduce yourself," Ms. Anderson lent him the stage. "U-Um...I-I'm Carter Evans and I'm a repeater because I was hospitalized the whole year last year..."