Meeting on the Roof

Here's another chapter of Stay With Me! I hope you guys enjoy~!

Read/Vote/Comment/Fan as long as you enjoy, I'll be happy. Of course, feedback doubles my happiness. < 3

George’s POV

I had no clue why Niall wanted to meet on the roof, but I didn’t question it. I guessed it was because there were so many people around and it would be less chaos to just hang out away from all the drama. I didn’t mind that. I really didn’t want to get in the middle of all the stupidity that seemed to be starting down there, so I hummed softly to myself – or loudly, I couldn’t really tell since the music was just that loud – and made my way up the stairs and to Darcy’s room. Her room had the only window that opened all the way up to get out onto the roof. It was actually a little hangout of ours and with Niall in our group now, we hung out there a couple of times this week. It’s always nice out there.

Once I got to the window, I slowly opened it and climbed out. What I saw… shocked me to the extreme. It was Zayn… Zayn was out on the roof with a rose in his hand and a picnic set up in front of him. I didn’t know what to say, so I just sat down in front of him, my mouth wide up in shock and not saying a thing. How was this possible? How was any of this possible? Was this all for me or was this for someone else? I probably interrupted his romantic gesture for some lucky girl and he was going to tell me at any time that I need to leave him alone. That had to be the truth, I knew it. This… none of this could be for me. No matter how much this would be a dream come true and be the figment of fantasies for so long, it wasn’t real. It couldn’t be. There was no way, Zayn Malik liked me! Me… just loser George Shelley… it was impossible. When I finally managed to close my mouth and reopen it to apologize for intruding, he smiled brightly at me and spoke.

“I… I know you’re probably confused… but this is all for you, George. I like you… so much. I just never could figure out how to tell you… then I spoke with Niall and he helped me come up with all of this…” Zayn explained, gesturing to the candles and the rose petals that I’m surprised haven’t flown away yet and the small plate of chocolate treats. I just couldn’t believe any of this was real. How could this be real? It had to be a prank right? There was no way that Zayn was sitting before me with so many romantic gestures and my weakness of chocolate. I couldn’t count the times I wished I could drizzle chocolate all over Zayn’s body and…

“So…? Do you like it? ‘s all for you.” He cut off my thoughts and I was so glad he did. If he didn’t, well… my pants would be a bit tighter right about now.

“Is this real? Not a prank or something?” I questioned him. I had to be sure. I was so happy right now and nervous, but I had to be sure. I didn’t want to be naïve just to fall for some sick trick on me and then he just starts laughing at me because I fell for it. Because I thought that I could have a chance with him and that he wasn’t so straight as I thought he was, but that he really did like me like he said he did. I had to make sure. If I wasn’t, I knew that it would cause so much more pain… the type of pain that I wasn’t sure I would recover from. “I need to know if this is real.” I repeated, staring at my hands in my lap. I really didn’t want to look at him and by his silence I thought that was my answer. It was all a joke. I started to move away when he took hold of my wrist, keeping me still.

My breath hitched as his touch and his free hand rose to bring my face up to his. Then he did the unthinkable. Our eyes locked and he slowly started to move towards me. I didn’t know what I was doing, but I started to lean towards him too. Time seemed to stop and we were just staring into each other’s eyes, with the candle flickering and the moonlight lighting Zayn’s perfect skin up. It was like he was glowing and it was only for me to see. When our lips finally met, it was unbelievable. I truly couldn’t explain the deep feeling of love I felt in that moment. I knew that he wasn’t lying. This was all real. He liked me and I liked him, well no, I was in love with him. The kiss confirmed that like none other. Our lips moved slowly but sensually. My arms went around his neck and his arms around my waist. I smiled as he slowly pulled me on his waist and the kiss deepened for a few moments before we pulled away for much needed air. I was grinning ear to ear and there was nothing that could ruin this moment for me. I was going to have to thank Niall like crazy for all of this.