Prologue

As it was said, it shall be written!

This is a side story for the Jealousy Trilogy. Or if you must, just call it the Fourth book. Whichever pleases you all. As you know, this story will be about Caitlyn now.

Mere and Gale, Fred and Lance, and a few other characters will be in here too. No one can have too much FRANCE haha, but the story and main plot will be about Caitlyn.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THE JEALOUSY TRILOGY TO READ THIS.

.

Jealousy Date

Prologue

Caitlyn Sanders does not do dates.

She seems to be cursed in that particular area.

For example, when in her seventh grade, a really cute guy- Leon- had approached her and asked her her name. They'd talked a couple more weeks before he finally gained the courage and asked her to go to a date with him. She had been so excited, so thrilled to have a guy finally interested in her.

She saw a promising future with him as her first boyfriend.

But as soon as the date day came, she hadn't known that things would only go downhill.

Leon was sweet, funny, and actually nice unlike the whole male population of the rest of the school. He took her out to the movies, where they had settled to the back of the dark theatre. Caitlyn knew she would be having her first kiss that day and was so unbelievably ready for it.

Leon had been leaning in to claim her virgin lips only for nervousness to rise inside Caitlyn, and leave her lips in a yellowish, almost greenish color. All over Leon.

He not once again tried to get to know her better. He actually seemed to have his schedule changed a bit and she only saw him going to his seventh period at the end of the day. Only later she'd learned that he got the classes as farthest from hers as possible. She didn't even know that could be done. But then again, he had been the principal's nephew.

Caitlyn didn't accept any dates for a while after that.

In her first year of high school, she had joined orchestra and was beginning to play the violin with a few other beginners. The first week, the orchestra teacher had separated the beginners with a few advanced students for a quick lesson of the G-major scale. It was important to learn it because they'd do it everyday as a warmup.

Caitlyn had been paired up with Drew, a sophomore who, although wasn't completely hot, he had a cute look to him. He definitely had eyes set on him so she was rather nervous when he'd been paired with her.

They had separated into twos and moved to different areas of the large classroom to be taught the scale. Caitlyn was sure he was interested in her too, by the way he helped her without getting irritated. He'd even gone to the extent of gently touching her elbow and placing it in the correct position to play the G string.

He would gently touch her wrist and constantly fix her fingers which were always 'moving out of position' as she held the bow. He would help her position the violin on her shoulder and showed her how to keep it upright with just a little pressure from her chin. He would even step close to look at the way her fingers moved for the scle.

Then it happened again.

Drew had asked her for a date, but instead of taking her out to eat or to the movies- which she greatly avoided now- he took her to the orchestra room after school. The orchestra teacher seemed to trust Drew enough to lock up after them- even though the important doors were already locked.

It had been only them and Drew wanted to perfect her violin skills.

Drew was slowly moving around her, examining her posture and the way she moved her arm. She had been in the middle of trying her scale by memory when it happened. She brought the bow down and up managing the sound to come out soft and melodic instead of scratchy. She had turned around to tell him she'd already memorized it and moved the bow up only to poke him in the eye.

Drew wore an eyepatch for the next two weeks.

After changing orchestra for piano, Caitlyn never saw Drew again other than for fifth period. Only then, they remained as acquaintances only.

Caitlyn had two more terrible dates for her freshman and sophomore year before letting herself be single the rest of her sophomore year. She was single for junior year- completely date accident free and concentrated on her classes.

But now, now Caitlyn was a senior.

She was tired of her incapability of finishing off a single date, angry that they always got messed up, irritated that she always messed things up. And it was always before she gave away her first kiss. She hadn't even kissed a boy before and her friends had already lost their virginity. Caitlyn was the odd one out and although she didn't tell anyone of her status, she didn't need to.

No one stayed long enough to find out.

But senior year would be different.

She would have her first date before the end of the year. She would finally kiss someone for the first time. She would finally have the chance on getting a boyfriend- a real boyfriend.

She only had to survive one date.

One date to get a guy jealous.

And she only had to not fall in love with her best friend's cousin.

.

This story will most likely be Rated-R for strong language and some sexual scenes- although for the most part only for Fred and Lance. Don't worry, though, I'll let you know in advice and you can skip those if you want.

Questions? Suggestions? Complaints?

10/13/15 8:05 P.M.